Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Proper Fuel Injector cleaning methods?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 07:56 PM
00ZR2BLZRGUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proper Fuel Injector cleaning methods?

Hiya,

I belive I have traced down the problem my blazer has been having to a few sticking pintles in the fuel injectors.. Im really interested in somone experianced in cleaning the type of injectors found on a 2000 ZR2 with 4.3 Vortec, to please explain to me how this can be done, Im not flamiliar with the injection design. I dont think additives are going to solve this problem "unless someone knows of a outstanding one". But if somebody could get back 2 me with a way 2 get em clean Id be very thankfull.

Thanks

Old 11-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Proper Fuel Injector cleaning methods?

Generally speaking, addatives, unless used frequently as a routine maintenance, will do nothing to actually clean dirty injectors.

Pretty much any of the professional fuel injector cleaning systems work wonders. The kind that I am talking about are ones that eliminate the fuel from the engine and run off of the cleaning fluid alone. These systems are super concentrated and work very well. The best one that I have seen is the one that the GM dealers use. Pretty much any cleaner that runs the engine off of the cleaning fluid will work MUCH better than a tank addative. The downside is that they cost much more than the addatives.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:26 PM
hdlogistics is an unknown quantity at this point

I've used "seafoam" before and it seems to work quite well in cleaning out the entire system. It also provides a nice smoke show for the neighbors..

Old 11-21-2005, 08:28 PM
hdlogistics is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's the link to seafoam.
http://www.seafoamsales.com/

Old 11-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Seafoam works great as an intake cleaner, but I'm not sold on its abilities as a fuel system cleaner. The smoke show occurs when you pour it down the intake with the engine running. As far as addatives go, I really like the Chevron with Techron, but there again, if you already have problems, you'll be buying more than enough of that stuff to warrant just getting the fuel system professionally cleaned (ie. not do-it-yourself).