Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > Engine & Transmission
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2009, 04:44 PM

Duckboat is on a distinguished road
Default Rear main bearing tool

Does anyone have for rent, loan or sale the rear main bearing tool for the one piece rear main bearing engine seal on a 1998 Blazer 4.3 ? I would need tool Kent-Moore J-35621-B Rear Crankshaft Seal Installer for GM or some equivalent to this tool or maybe some other trick someone has for replacing this seal.
Thanks
Old 06-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Banned

groundhogman is on a distinguished road
Smile

can you screw a self tapping sheet metal screw into the thin metal face of the seal? thats how i do it on diesel engines and gas engines i rebuild all the time, just use a small slide hammer with the vise grip attachment on it and clamp the vise grips on the screw and give it a slap and presto!!buuuutt sometimes your screw will pull out and you may have to try it a couple of times, if you dont have a slide hammer you can try to install the screw like i said before in the seal face and use an indexible prybar, claw, anything that will work on the screw head, hope this gets you were you need to be!!!
Old 06-13-2009, 11:46 AM

Duckboat is on a distinguished road

That sounds like a good Idea for seal removal but I am concerned about proper installation of new seal.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

I have always tapped new seals in with a plastic faced hammer and never had issues. Have done this on quite a few one-piece rear main seals on GM v8s without issue.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:19 AM

xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

My plastic snap on hammer works for me everytime.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:19 AM

Closed Thread

Tags
equivalent, gm, installation, installer, j35621, j35621a, j35621b, kent, kentmoore, loan, moore, seal, service, special, tool