Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

i need help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 05:46 PM
keithp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i need help please

i have a 1995 chevy blazer 4><4 4.3 fuel injected mpfi on wednesday i stopped at store i came back and started it up it ran fine, when i put it in drive it was bogg down on me with the accelerator down-i let off of accelerator and coasted it ran okay-just not fast. when i presse on accelerator it bogged down and then to point of it dieing. i drove it home that way 20 miles away and it was rough. i get it home and turn it off-wont start at all. i let it set for two days and tried starting it it started and then i proceeded to change out fuel filter thinking it was the problem, but i cant get it to start now. after many tries and lots of smell of gas around engine compartment i am at a loss of what to do next. any help or advise is reatly appreciated.
sincerely,
PAtrick

Old 07-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: i need help please

The first thing to do is a fuel pressure test. The CPI motors (not mpfi) are known for FPR (fuel pressure regulator) failures. Test the fuel pressure at the fuel pressure test port (rear driver side of the plenum near the brake booster). For a properly functioning fuel system, the pressure should be 55-60psi. Also, the pressure should not drop more than 2-3 psi after the pump has shut off.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:24 PM
keithp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: i need help please

UPDATE advise taken and it worked! thank you very much for your help i am forever grateful

Keith