Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Rough Running, Rough Idle, Idles Hot

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Beginning Member
1st time blazer owner is on a distinguished road

My '95 has roughly the same problems, no lights came on though, ive replaced the spider, (used mind you) because i asked around before i picked it up, and the passenger side of the intake was clean, but driver side was soo dirty i spent 20 minutes cleaning, but now its running after replacing with used spider, solved the problem....partially, and it wont idle nicely, but it wont start nicely after sitting for a while. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by 1st time blazer owner; 12-11-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 12-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You likely still have a fuel leak inside the plenum. I would never recommend putting a used spider into one of the CPI engines. And if you didn't replace the internal lines while you were in there even if they weren't leaking before, they likely are now.

A fuel pressure leak down test will confirm that you have a leak.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks swartlkk, ill check into it, but could it also be that i forgot to connect a vaccum line? I've had my dad look at the truck aswell, he says it could be a vaccum leak or i just forgot to connect one line. although if i had a choice id buy a new spider, im a little strapped for cash, so everything is nickel and dime budget, and the truck is parked so i have time to work on it.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Beginning Member

Now I have my Blazer running, its idling rough, replaced the reg with a new reg, havent changed any other sensors or coil, what else could be the problem?

Old 12-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Beginning Member

i would like to know what code it is when the check engine light flashes 16 times and then goes out. any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 12-16-2010, 05:39 PM
NorCalLazer is on a distinguished road
Default ruff runner

Well glad to hear that- mine just started running rough yesterday so first thing I did was make sure the spark plug wire caps were all tight and I felt what seemed like prehistoric spark plug wires so those and the plugs are getting the boot first thing 2morrow

Old 12-19-2010, 12:56 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks for all the help guys, truck runs beautiful, I start driving it on Tuesday, i'm so very excited.. I will put some pictures up, so you can see if I made a good choice haha. I am now in love with my Blazer, it shall get me out of very annoying places here in Canada

Old 12-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by NorCalLazer
Well glad to hear that- mine just started running rough yesterday so first thing I did was make sure the spark plug wire caps were all tight and I felt what seemed like prehistoric spark plug wires so those and the plugs are getting the boot first thing 2morrow

Did it work? or is it still running rough?