Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

spider injector please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Starting Member
adriandear is on a distinguished road
Default spider injector please help!!!

Hey guys I have a 95 blazer 4.3... i just did the spider and the fuel lines that go to them. I put everything back together the right way and put key in on position and no leaks, so i put the manifold back on hooked up all the sensors and went to fire it up and when i did it ran very very rough and eventually died... i tried to crank the engine again and it seemed like the motor had a hard time turning so i took the manifold back off and found a huge pool of black fuel full of what looked like carbon. Has anyone ever ran into this problem?????

Old 02-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Leaky fuel pressure and return lines in the plenum, commonly referred to as "nut kit".

Name:  LowerIntakeManifold.jpg
Views: 13861
Size:  62.0 KB

They may have cracked when you disconnected them from the old spider assembly.

Name:  Dorman-55163-rw-50386-60414.jpg
Views: 2311
Size:  5.2 KB

The Dorman part number is 55163 and most auto parts stores have it in stock, or can order it for you, cost is around $50 USD. Probably be a good idea to clean or replace the spark plugs, and change the oil & filter. There are drain holes in the lower intake manifold that will drain excess fuel into cylinders 3 & 4, (center cylinder on each bank). The excess fuel can hydro lock the engine, preventing it from turning over. When the fuel leaks past the piston rings, it goes right into the oil and dilutes it. Diluted oil will destroy engine bearings.

Last edited by Captain Hook; 02-09-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Starting Member
adriandear is on a distinguished road
Default spider injector

Hey captain thanks so much for responding.. when i did the spider i also put in the new fuel lines everything is new. Now after i put my new parts in I went to try and start it up and it ran worse then died and had a hard time cranking so i took the intake hose off and smelt fuel so i took it back apart and saw a huge pool of gas on the left side by the poppet and the gas was black and after i cleaned it up and the gas dried up there was carbon like dust... i havent closed it back up yet i wanted to research it before i try again

Old 02-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you pressurize the system with the upper plenum off to see where it was leaking from? If everything that you installed was new, then you have a defective component somewhere in the system.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by adriandear
..."pool of gas on the left side by the poppet"...
You are referring to the driver side, correct? If that's the case, something with the lines is leaking: Maybe a bad line or a leaky connection at the injector housing.

There is a poppet valve/nozzle located at the end of each spider line. The poppets are not visible unless you remove the spider lines and nozzles from the lower intake manifold. If you're referring to the fuel pressure regulator, it is on the right, (passenger) side. Very possible for it to leak too. Just because the stuff is new, doesn't mean it's good.

As Kyle suggested, with the plenum removed, activate the fuel pump and look for the leak.