Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2001 CMP/CKP Wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Beginning Member
joethejman4us is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2001 CMP/CKP Wiring?

Posted before about a P1345 error (CKP/CMP correlation error) not going away on a 2001 Chevy Blazer 2WD 4.3L V6 vortex. Still haven't gotten it to go away (Codes were cleared every time with simple code scanner). To recap I replaced an engine in my daughters Blazer and it runs great but the P1345 code wont go away after numerous distributer drop ins. Put in new Distributer, CMP, CKP. Made sure timing is good under the timing cover and it was done correctly.

A couple posts said I probably needed a Case Relearn. I called the Chevy dealership he told me that I had to get rid of the error code first before he could do the Crankshaft Variation Learn (also called CASE relearn). Is that true? Not sure if he was just blowing me off or not.

I figured I'd check the wiring and I was wondering if i could check the 2 plug ins for the Crank Sensor (CKP) and the Camshaft Sensor (CMP) with a multimeter? I'm not sure tho what I should check for on each terminal (each sensor has 3 wires).

The camshaft plug has a Red, Brown, and a Pink wire.
The crankshaft plug has a Yellow, Purple, and Green wire.

If anyone has a wiring diagram for the 2 sensors as far as what goes were or any help at all I'd be forever in your debt! Thanks again.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 2001 CMP/CKP Wiring?

What did you learn from the first thread?

As in your FIRST THREAD, I will direct you to the P1345 Explained thread located in the DIY section (with links this time so you do not have to worry yourself with searching). As you will find by clicking the P1345 Explained link, there is a schematic shown as well as all of the diagnostic steps pertaining to this code. Hopefully this time it will shed some light on your situation.

P1345 Explained

Seems they may have messed around with wire colors from the 2000 schematic shown in the links above, but for an enterprising DIYer, it should be easy to determine which wires are which. The rest of the diagnostic still applies. If your PCM does not have the same color plugs as referenced in the schematic, then the wire locations may not be the same.

The pink wire is your power in from the ENG 1 fuse, the brown wire is the sensor signal wire (brown/wht shown on the schematic) and the red (pink/black shown on the schematic) for the CMP sensor. I would think then that the green wire (pink on the schematic) is the +12V source from the ECM 1 fuse (easy to verify), and the Yellow and Purple wires are the same as what is displayed in the schematic.

Always keep things to the original post they were asked in.