Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Th350 in blazer

Old 02-13-2013, 05:38 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chestypuller
Th350 is a million times more reliable
False, one isn't any reliable than the other. Only people that try to jerry rig stuff then get mad when it doesn't work.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:49 PM
payhellbay is on a distinguished road

I dont really care about my speedo to work its more for offroad can my jeep start and just shift normally without changing ecu?

Old 02-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

Yes, u need to make a kickdown for the trans

Old 02-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by neo71665
False, one isn't any reliable than the other. Only people that try to jerry rig stuff then get mad when it doesn't work.

Wrong, more complex = more problems, besides they are allot more expensive to rebuild, in the money you save on rebuilds youd easily make up for the less mpg

Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by payhellbay
I dont really care about my speedo to work its more for offroad can my jeep start and just shift normally without changing ecu?
It wouldn't be too bad in an off-road machine, the check engine light would stay on, but it would drive still. The TH350 would shift normally if you hooked up the vacuum line and kickdown linkage.

In a Jeep? I'm curious, whatcha building?

Old 02-14-2013, 01:26 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

the only thing im concerned about with this swap is if the transmission is disconnected will it cause the engine to run bad? the way cars work now a days theres sensors controlling everything. i would just hate to put in a th350 then the engine doesnt want to start due to it detecting the trans not hooked up.... i guess you can just unplug it and see what happens.

one thing you will probably have to jump is the neutral safety switch.

if its just a offroad turd it should be fine as long as there is no problems with the engine. im running a np208 out of a 84 k5 blazer in my 93 s10. the VSS is not hooked up at all. truck does not shift unless you manually shift it. my truck is also a off road only truck, only time it sees 2nd gear is if it had a long open straight away and just wanna catch up with the group.

i was able to cut a hole and bolt the shifter set up to the floor on my truck, and i just stole a automatic transmission shifter, cable, and bracket out of a 91 camaro and it all bolted right up, im sure a hurst or any of that crap will work just as good

Old 02-14-2013, 02:14 PM

Its a 98 s10 blazer and i wanna put th350/np205 behind 4.3 ...and i dont care about shifting it manually i will have it inspected and on the road but only to go from home to the trail im not planing on going on a long travel with it

Old 02-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

The engine should still run fine I think.

If you were to put a 4L60E behind an old 350 say, you would need the control computer to shift the trans as it's all electronic controls to shift the solenoids. th350 all you need is power in to make in move and a cable and vacuum line to make it shift properly.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:52 PM

Thanks ! I hope it works

Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Diaita
The engine should still run fine I think.

If you were to put a 4L60E behind an old 350 say, you would need the control computer to shift the trans as it's all electronic controls to shift the solenoids. th350 all you need is power in to make in move and a cable and vacuum line to make it shift properly.
U a diesel 4l60e controller when going that way

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Th350 in blazer