Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Tranny Rebuilt, now SES again?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Starting Member
S10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tranny Rebuilt, now SES again?

So today I just got my truck back from the mechanic after he sent out the transmission to get rebuilt and popped back in. I was driving, and after a short while, I received that SES light again. I have an Aeroforce gauge that gave me the code. The code is P1153. I looked it up and I think it has something to do with an O2 sensor.
I have one concern. I don't know if any of you guys are familiar with the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge, but that is the gauge I have. When I received the first one from Aeroforce, I had to send it back for them to reprogram because they said the circuit board for the '96 blazer was totally different from the '98 and up. So they reprogrammed it for me, and that is the one that I currently have in the truck. I thought at one point, that it was odd for my transmission to blow along with now an O2 sensor.

Do any of you guys think that the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge is screwing up my truck's computer system, or could the transmission and O2 sensor be related to one another?

Also, what would cause this code, and how could it be fixed?

Thanks,
Rob

Old 04-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Tranny Rebuilt, now SES again?

I do not believe that your gauge is messing with the computer.

P1153 == HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 2 Sensor 1

If they got transmission fluid on the O2 sensor, it could have compromised the health of the sensor. I know for a fact that O2 sensors do not like to get trans fluid on them...[:@]

Old 04-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Starting Member
S10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, thanks. At least now I have an idea of what could have caused it. I will be taking it back to him first thing tomorrow morning.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:38 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Could be they forgot to hook up one of the O2 sensor wires.
Not sure how many )2 you have, however the most there would be is 4. One in each down tube, one before the cat and one after the cat. Make sure the one you have arehooked up.