Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Transfer case input seal question?

Old 06-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Starting Member
Eff10 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I replaced all the vacuum line that I could find. Does anyone on here have a diagram for the vacuum system? I replaced the lines going from the ball to the t, from under the battery to the t case, from the t to the cruise control, and from the t to the transfer case. I didn't change the vent hose that goes to the t case because it's in good shape. I can't find the line that runs into the cab. Is it smaller than the other hoses? Also, I have no idea where the evap canister is... I didn't have to move the transmission to get at the lines bolted to the passenger side of the tranny. Me being a girl, I luckily have tiny hands that managed to squeeze up there from the side.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:26 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Vacuum diagram should be under the hood someplace. GM puts a sticker under the hood on every vehicle. Vacuum routing changes so much from year to year it was easier to put in a sticker.

Keep looking, vacuum comes off teh engine behind the intake manifold next to the distributor. Follow it!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Starting Member
Eff10 is on a distinguished road

I have officially finished this project! I replaced all the vacuum lines, and the input seal. When I found fluid in the lines after pulling them off the transfer case I replaced the t case switch. I put it all back together and I am very pleased to say that not only did I fix the seal but my 4 wheel drive works! It didn't work when I bought it so this is pretty exciting for me. This is also a good example of how when you get a trouble code you shouldn't always just replace the part that the code says is the problem, because something else might be causing that part to malfunction. My 4 wheel drive code was a 2, for the encoder motor. But apparently the t case switch was behind the whole problem. So I paid 20 bucks for a part that fixed the problem instead of 200 bucks from assuming that the encoder motor was broken because that's what the code said. Yay. Thank you everyone for all of your help!

Old 07-08-2010, 09:48 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Good job.

Its always a great feeling when things work as they are supposed to.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:32 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

thats great to know you fixed it