Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > Engine & Transmission
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Beginning Member

babeba67 is on a distinguished road
Default Transmission valve body question...

My 99 blazer has 140,000 miles. I am noticing after running on the highway for an hour or two that when I get off the exit and start from a light or stop sign that I'm gettting a hard 1-2 shift. It doesn't do it all the time, mainly after having been at highway speeds.

A tranny shop where I have had work done before with good results, said it's most likely the valve body and needs to be fixed. About $400 to do it. But, if they drop the pan and see shavings, plastic parts, and overall "crap" in their then I'm looking at a rebuild.

What do you guys think at this mileage, could it just be the valve rebuild or am I looking at whole rebuild?

One other thing related...I occasionally get a slight shudder when taking off from a stop. Doesn't feel like the torque converter, the Ujoints are tight, motor and tranny mounts are good.

Any help appreciated.
B

Last edited by babeba67; 10-17-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:37 PM
1998 Chevrolet Blazer

Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

I just had my valve body rebuilt and a Transgo shift improver/P1870 fix kit installed as well as both shift solenoids A and B replaced at 145,000 miles. No problems since (other than the shift kit doesn't like it when i baby the truck which i do most of the time)

Technical issues? Check HERE before posting a thread.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Starting Member

grizzstang is on a distinguished road

It could just be the valve body. I had to do mine but I have less miles than you. $400 is a good price too. I did my own and it cost me nearly $300 just for the rebuilt valve body and tranny fluid.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:06 PM

Tags
2000, blazer, blazertrans, body, chevrolet, chevy, control, cost, forum, rebuilt, selenoid, shift, transmision, transmission, valve, velve