Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

what are the signs of bad fuel pressure regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Beginning Member
big armo is on a distinguished road
Default what are the signs of bad fuel pressure regulator?

I changed everything in my 2000 chevy blazer 4.3 i have around 191,000 miles on it, about good 70,000 of those miles are highway miles. I still can pin point the power loss i have in it. I have cleaned or replace pretty much everything beside replacing the fuel pressure regualtor, or all the injectors which is alot money to do. I have cleaned the egr and idle valve the throttle body and replace the maf sensor, changed the filter, plus replace the wires, plugs, cap, coil, replace the pcv, and just replace the entire radiator unit with all new hoses due to crank in radiator. My last option I would think is replace pressure regualtor. Fuel pump is new also. I use good gas also either shell or 76, plus i seaform the fuel system couple times a year. any advice would be great.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Before you crack anything open, you have to do a fuel pressure & leak down test. If that shows proper pressure & holds it, you should not need to do anything with the fuel system.

One thing that has caused a lot of frustrated members is the lack of quality in aftermarket ignition parts. Many members have "chased their tails" replacing many very expensive sensors in hopes that it would cure their misfire or other related drive-ability concern only to find out that the components they used in their routine tune up exhibited the same problem as their worn, old parts. These engines seem to be very particular to AC Delco caps & rotors. For the price of them, give that a shot before pulling anymore hair out!

Old 06-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks swartlkk I will try that first, I do understand AC Delco is recommond for this type of trucks, its little more money but am believing it might be whole it. I have some much after market parts I just put in dam. What is the proper fuel pressure and hold for my engine? 4.3

Old 06-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Bottom link on the right side of my signature below

Old 06-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Beginning Member

GREAT link Swartlkk, i'll nail the problem sooner or later, just hoping to get 100,000 more miles out of my blazer or more, i got 191,000 rite now. I do all i can to make sure its update to on maintance. Am just hoping knock on wood my transmission holds up. i just drop the pan and did an flush about 10,000 miles ago.