Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Where is the TCCM fuse

Old 02-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Beginning Member
06marbleRR is on a distinguished road
Default Where is the TCCM fuse

So I have the issue where I don't have 4hi but have 4lo and I read the write up about and I'm thinking the encoder motor is bad. But in the write up it says to pull the TCCM fuse and key of and on 5 times and so on. But I pulled the fuse box cover and there is no fuse that says TCCM or transfer case, does anybody know the fuse number by any chance? Not having 4wd really sux!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:10 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

It would help if we knew what kind of vehicle you drove. A good tip is to post your vehicle info in your sig so that we can troubleshoot any questions or problems you have.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Look for ATC.

And yeah, please include your vehicle information somewhere in your profile/post. Setting up a garage will put your vehicle info under your username.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Beginning Member

That probably would've been a good peice of info to include, sorry about that, its a 97 jimmy, just bought it because I sold my blazer and I'm kicking myself in the *** for it! So the ACC fuse is the fuse to pull to reset the codes?

Old 02-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it is the ATC fuse on a 97. Could be the 4wd fuse though. I do not have my references with me to check though.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Beginning Member

Ok, so I have something new, I pulled every fuse that I thought was related and nothing. BUT I was messing around with a snow bank and put it in 4lo and it was having a hard time going in kept switching to 2wd, but 1 time it went into 4hi. Now here's my other issue, dry pavement, turning, it feels like its in 4wd but the button says its in 2wd, what the hell is going on here. A friend said it seems like the front shafts are locked together but not locked in the xfer case, does that sound like a reasonable possibility? Does this sound like an issue with the button or with the encoder motor? Someone please help! And another issue just to throw it out there, at highway speeds (70) the rear end is loud, u joint maybe? Or the rear end, probably hard to tell without riding in it but ya never know who may have had a similar issue!
Thanks