Forum Notice Look for Forum Announcements here as well as informational posts to make your time here easier and more enjoyable.
BlazerForum Rules - please read and follow the rules of the forum. "I didn't know..." is no excuse.

There is a wealth of information available on the site. Please search before posting. Both the site search feature and the Custom Google search provided below can be used to search the forum for problems you may be experiencing. Check out the 'Search Guidelines' post for tips & techniques on performing fast and effective searches.

BF.com Search Google Search:

Reputation System is now ACTIVE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reputation System is now ACTIVE!

You all will probably notice the new icon () that is displayed to the top-right of each post. This icon will allow you to add/retract reputation points from the poster based on the content of your post.

Your reputation power is how many points you give/take when approving/disapproving a post. Here's the automatic power additions:
  • For every year from your date of registration, you will gain 1 point.
  • For every 1000 posts, you will gain 1 point.
  • For every 50 points, you will gain 1 point.
Requirements for your points to count for/against others:
  • You must have at least 10 posts.
  • You must have at least 1 point.
Limits to giving reputation points:
  • Only 20 reputation clicks (either approve or disapprove) per day.
  • Must give 50 reputation clicks to other users before being able to rep the same user again.
*Notice*
Please use the reputation system to give feedback to a user's post that you feel STRONGLY about the impact that it had on a particular thread/topic/etc. As with any system such as this, the potential for exploiting the system exists. As such, the staff will monitor the reputation being given and any user that appears to be exploiting the system by randomly selecting posts in order to reach a limit will be contacted and an infraction will be given.

*EDIT* - Fixed due to changes & better understanding of the process.

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-14-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Added Notice
Old 08-05-2011, 02:05 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

nice work kyle keep it up

Old 08-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Starting Member
kevlar974 is on a distinguished road

What are the different reputation levels?

Old 08-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Starting Member
01BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

Hopefully you will have better luck with the reputation system than the majority of forums do. Every forum I'm on that implemented the reputation system disabled it shortly thereafter. There's just too manner variables that can tip the scales (pun intended) indicating a positive or negative reputation that has no true bearing on the user or the content of their posts. I wish you luck...

Old 08-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Time will tell. It's a simple click for me to disable it and it'll be policed by the staff as well.

As far as the levels go, they are just the standard ones for right now:
-2000 == User is infamous around these parts
-50 == User can only hope to improve
-10 == User has a little shameless behavior in the past
0 == User is an unknown quantity at this point
10 == User is on a distinguished road
50 == User will become famous soon enough
150 == User has a spectacular aura about
250 == User is a jewel in the rough
350 == User is just really nice
450 == User is a glorious beacon of light
550 == User is a name known to all
650 == User is a splendid one to behold
1000 == User has much to be proud of
1500 == User has a brilliant future
2000 == User has a reputation beyond repute

We'll see how things go.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:27 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

ok cool, where is this reputation counter where we can see how many points we or another member has?

edit - Oh I see its shown as a series of dots, I was expecting a number to see just how many points a person has
edit - oh you can see how many points you have by clicking on the scale on one of your own posts!

Last edited by streblo; 08-11-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:05 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

So....

I take it this is not a retroactive system?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Administrator

I was told that it would calculate whenever the server recalculates everything. It was supposed to be overnight, but now it looks like it might be once a month. I'm going to see what can be done to force it.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:17 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

That's pretty cool! lol

Old 08-14-2011, 09:37 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You all will probably notice the new icon () that is displayed to the top-right of each post. This icon will allow you to add/retract reputation points from the poster based on the content of your post.

Your reputation power is how many points you give/take when approving/disapproving a post. Here's the automatic power additions:
  • For every year from your date of registration, you will gain 1 point.
  • For every 1000 posts, you will gain 1 point.
  • For every 50 points, you will gain 1 point.
Requirements for your points to count for/against others:
  • You must have at least 10 posts.
  • You must have at least 1 point.
Limits to giving reputation points:
  • Only 20 reputation clicks (either approve or disapprove) per day.
  • Must give 50 reputation clicks to other users before being able to rep the same user again.
Mine is always grey. Does it show that to the individual user or nobody has given me points?

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-15-2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: updated quote to reflect current setup

Quick Reply: Reputation System is now ACTIVE!