Forum Notice Look for Forum Announcements here as well as informational posts to make your time here easier and more enjoyable.
BlazerForum Rules - please read and follow the rules of the forum. "I didn't know..." is no excuse.

There is a wealth of information available on the site. Please search before posting. Both the site search feature and the Custom Google search provided below can be used to search the forum for problems you may be experiencing. Check out the 'Search Guidelines' post for tips & techniques on performing fast and effective searches.

BF.com Search Google Search:

Reputation System is now ACTIVE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 06:41 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Mine is always grey. Does it show that to the individual user or nobody has given me points?
The icon is always gray. The point counter is the series of green dots under your post count.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have corrected the initial post & tweaked the reputation power increase criteria. Reputation power is the # of points that a user can give/take (you take 1/2 your power if you disapprove of a post) from another user.

This is separate from the actual reputation count. New users are given 10 reputation points upon registering. Users from before the switch to vBulletin have not received any reputation points. As we see those users, we will try to give reputation to at least get you off the 'ground floor'.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Sounds kinda neat, but have a feeling not many people will pay attention to the new feature.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:11 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10
Sounds kinda neat, but have a feeling not many people will pay attention to the new feature.
Perhaps not. I'm going to try my best what when I see a post that I agree with or seems very kind, I'll try my best to reward them!

Seems like a nice idea in concept. Rewards people for being consistently nice lol.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by RangerG
Perhaps not. I'm going to try my best what when I see a post that I agree with or seems very kind, I'll try my best to reward them!

Seems like a nice idea in concept. Rewards people for being consistently nice lol.

You want 'KIND'? Have you tried facebook? Seriously..
You know what you get there, you 'friend' someone and sooner or later they post something like:
'People that are unkind to small animals are the worst people! Repost this on your wall if you agree.'

I know I'm new HERE but I've been on car forums of one type or another continuously starting with mailing lists in 1987. I've adminned/moderated small forums for 5 years. I know what's nice and I know what's 'personality'
Here, what I would think you'd want is helpful and 'germane'.

Kyle has the knowledge of a guru and the patience of a saint. And it's his show from beginning to end, and that's fine because if you search a problem in open google you probably end up here.
But I dont see him as especially 'kind'.

So maybe what you mean is helpful and patient.

Last edited by pettyfog; 08-16-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:03 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pettyfog
You know what you get there, you 'friend' someone and sooner or later they post something like:
'People that are unkind to small animals are the worst people! Repost this on your wall if you agree.'

I know I'm new HERE but I've been on car forums of one type or another continuously starting with mailing lists in 1987. I've adminned/moderated small forums for 5 years. I know what's nice and I know what's 'personality'

Kyle has the knowledge of a guru and the patience of a saint. And it's his show from beginning to end, and that's fine because if you search a problem in open google you probably end up here.

I agree. And I agree that Kyle's posts are generally just extremely helpful and usually not very emotional.

But as for the rest that post for fun, and don't have a wealth of knowledge to give, such as Kyle, being kind is what they can do. Most of the those people comment on people's builds and thread with words of encouragement or praise, which is what makes this such an enjoyable forum.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:05 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by RangerG
I agree. And I agree that Kyle's posts are generally just extremely helpful and usually not very emotional.

But as for the rest that post for fun, and don't have a wealth of knowledge to give, such as Kyle, being kind is what they can do. Most of the those people comment on people's builds and thread with words of encouragement or praise, which is what makes this such an enjoyable forum.

Agreed

Old 09-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pettyfog

you are a no bullsh**-tells it how it is kind of person. My kind of people.

I agree that Kyle is like a guru and one of the most patient people ive "met". Until someone has him repeat himself 3+ times. Seriously guys/gals, if Kyle tells you to look at a specific thread to find your answer, do NOT post again saying something along the lines of whats the answer?

General Rule of thumb-SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND!!! If you can't find the answer to your problem by using the SEARCH box, then ask about it and if someone points you at a certain thread or section then LOOK at it before repeating your question over and over.

Everyone has a breaking point-this includes the staff and users here