Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

1990 K5 rear window problems

Old 05-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Starting Member
THePaRaSiTE5771 is on a distinguished road

There wasn't a nut on that cable since the day I posted this thread, which was the day the window got all messed up. If the nut is in the motor, how am I going to get it out? And how am I going to get everything back to normal again?

Old 05-08-2010, 05:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Look at the pictures I posted above and you will see the white end on the cable. This threads onto the front of the motor. It should be fixed on the end of the outer portion of the cable. You could try gluing it back on. Or you could get a replacement cable.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Look at the pictures I posted above and you will see the white end on the cable. This threads onto the front of the motor. It should be fixed on the end of the outer portion of the cable. You could try gluing it back on. Or you could get a replacement cable.
What pictures are you referring to? I don't know what you're talking about when you say "the white end on the cable" I've never seen one. All I know is that that cable will not fit snugly into the hole on the motor, it will just fall out, so I assume that the "White end" is stuck in the motor; if so, how do I get it out?

Old 05-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Starting Member

Anyone?

Old 05-10-2010, 06:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you look at and/or read through my posts in this thread? I have only posted two pictures. SCROLL UP!

Old 05-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Starting Member

Yeah I saw those pictures, I thought You posted new ones and they weren't showing up. I bought a new cable from lmctruck Saturday. It will be coming this week. How do I take out the end of the cable that is going into the gears? It's is very hard to remove, I have been wiggling it, pulling it and it will not come out.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Referring to the pictures previously posted in post #4, look at the picture on the right. You will see where the cable attaches to the transmission. Zoom in on the picture to get a good look at the connection. You will see that the end of the cable is ob-longed. The cable is removed by finding the longer sides and pressing them in. This will bow out the narrower sides, disengaging them from the regulator transmission.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Referring to the pictures previously posted in post #4, look at the picture on the right. You will see where the cable attaches to the transmission. Zoom in on the picture to get a good look at the connection. You will see that the end of the cable is ob-longed. The cable is removed by finding the longer sides and pressing them in. This will bow out the narrower sides, disengaging them from the regulator transmission.
OK, I ordered the cable on Saturday and it's coming on Thursday so I'll put it in and let you know what happens. Thanks for everything man.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Starting Member
mudbogger is on a distinguished road

my windo wouldnt roll down when i first bought mine either. i bought a new cable and i could flip the cable around backwards and it would spin but the window wouldnt move. take the end out from the window motor and wrap it one or 1.5 times with duct taoe and shove it back up in the motor. thats what i did and it worked like a charm just gotta retape it about every two months

Old 05-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Starting Member

Well, the cable arrived today, I cannot get the old one off. I lowered the regulator arms a bit so I could get at the cable a little easier. So far, no luck. I must seem like an idiot, but it is really on there, I can't get it off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1990 K5 rear window problems