Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

Need 1994 K Blazer Replacement Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Luftwaffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need 1994 K Blazer Replacement Parts

Hey all,
I have a 1994 I bought new - great rig. It has been problem free since the day I bought it, however, recently a few small items have cropped up that I would like to address. A rattle in the Cruise control arm, a squeak from the passenger seat (present only when someone is sitting in it), the driver side power window switches work but don't illuminate at night and the rear ashtray lid was broke last week by my 4 year old son.

Currently I am looking for replacement parts for the power window switches and ash tray and am striking out on sources. THe local dealer(s) do not have them in stock and show the parts have been discontinued. I have been searching on line, my preference would be new product but if I have to I will use salvage. Either way my search so far has turned out empty handed. I find places on line that list the parts but when you go to order it notes "out of stock or discontiued".

Any suggestions for finding replacement power window switches?

Old 03-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked out LMCtruck.com? They have a catalog specific to the 92-99 Blazer and Tahoe.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Have you checked out LMCtruck.com? They have a catalog specific to the 92-99 Blazer and Tahoe.
Thanks for the tip. I checked out LMCtruck.com on your tip, they appear to be a good resource but did not have the power window switches.

I have tried a few other possibilities but keep striking out. It looks like I will have to resort to salvage yards

Old 03-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Considering that the fullsize Blazer and the Trucks should be almost identical in this area, check out THIS PAGE from the 88-98 Chevy/GMC Truck catalog.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:51 AM
Default Still Not Having Any Luck

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Considering that the fullsize Blazer and the Trucks should be almost identical in this area, check out THIS PAGE from the 88-98 Chevy/GMC Truck catalog.
I'm not sure but think the listing is incorrect. I believe that the "up-down" type window switch was a style discontinued and a rocker type switch was introduced at some point. Mine has the rocker type. In 1995 the interior changed and the rocker switches were redesigned. The 1995 and up rocker type switch will not work.
I called around and went to three truck salavage yards here locally but came up empty handed. I found the correct style but it was for a suburban and I'm looking for the driver side replacement which means it had a couple of extra switches for windows I don't have !

Today was not a complete waste though _ I got two other items corrected on my rig but thats a different thread.