General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

2 door or 4 door?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Beginning Member
Shotz9910 is on a distinguished road
Default 2 door or 4 door?

This might sound stupid... but i have a 98 blazer 2 door 4x4 and i love the truck but im thinking about getting a 4 door... i kind of like the look of it better and it would be easier for people to ride with you...

which do you prefer 2 or 4 door?

Old 10-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Beginning Member
Shotz9910 is on a distinguished road

and what year?

Old 10-06-2014, 04:40 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

2dr , I never ride in the back so dont care how hard it is for anybody to get in that has to ride back there
The only thing for me about the 4dr is it would give some extra cargo space

Old 10-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Starting Member
JavierEscalonJr is on a distinguished road

I have a 4door i use it more for carrying stuff and you fit a lot stuff in these but i always think about people carrying

Attached Thumbnails 2 door or 4 door?-wp_20140915_001_zpse0d1cfdf.jpg   2 door or 4 door?-wp_20140915_003_zpsdce22acc.jpg  
Old 10-06-2014, 11:30 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Two doors are definitely better looking, but I'm glad I have a four door. So much more room to put stuff. Plus, fold the rear seats down, and it makes a pretty good sleeping area.

It just really depends what you plan on doing with it.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Beginning Member
razorguy is on a distinguished road

I prefer the 2 door, mainly for looks. I generally have the back seats folded down about 99% of the time which provides ample space for my dogs when I'm taking them somewhere and also allows perfect fitment of a full size air mattress if needed. Since I have the seats down all the time and always seem to be hauling something I made a cargo mat for the back area. I have only needed to put the seats up once since I made it and it was easy to roll up for that purpose.

Last edited by razorguy; 10-09-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Beginning Member
Fryer, Nick is on a distinguished road

I would honestly say get the 4 door. I have a 4 door now and funny enough I was thinking that I should have gotten a 2 door just the other day. There are some things that are awesome about the 4 door.

They are really fun to make out in the rear 60/40 split bench. Suppose you could do that with a 2 door, might just be harder. You get 1 extra passenger, but can also get dumb *** friends hanging out of your rear windows, so you will need to use your window locks. I'm not sure if you can get a bench in the front in a 2 door though. Would be hard to find though.

If you're like me and in a band it makes it so much easier to load equipment into it. Folding down the seats and using the doors to load amps and guitars, while you can load a drum set from the rear gate.

I'm pretty sure you will get a little less mpg though.

You can get other packages for the GMT 330s such as the LT and Trail Blazer trim on the Blazer, the Envoy and Diamond Edition for the Jimmy, and of course just the loaded Bravada.

So just weigh what you really want and need. I went for the 4 door because I was in a band and needed the cargo space. I also thought having thee 2 door would be too cliche, but I was wrong as I see more 4 doors than 2 doors. There are many differences in years, makes, trims and all that so make sure you get what you want. Luxury you might want the 4 door, fun you'll want the 2 door.

Out of all of this the most I can say is that I like having the two rear doors as it makes it very easy to load stuff into the back cargo area; and that it looks like a miniature Tahoe/Suburban, which is what my dad drives

Old 10-29-2014, 07:21 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Should have taken some pictures of a Fiat Topilino body in the back of the 4dr!

Old 10-30-2014, 07:36 AM
Beginning Member
RidinWithHarry is on a distinguished road

Get a 4 door so you can have both! We all state the obvious when we say the 2 door looks sportier than the 4 door. My sister has a 2001 ZR2 Blazer and I have an 03 LS. Our family is very tall. Both of us are 6'6". Getting into her back seat is an absolute nightmare for me. Now my back seat isn't like my dads old 98 Suburban but I hardly ever get complaints. Plus, that's another storage area. I like being able to have the option of either throwing my stuff in my back seat or my trunk and being able to access both very easily.

And when you fold the back seat down, you basically get a S10 pickup with an enclosed bed...Okay, that might be an exaggeration but it's a ton of space. When I moved, I was able to move my couch, love seat, coffee table, and two end tables without using a trailer and just making multiple trips. I had to leave the trunk open for the couch but with a couple of tow straps, I didn't feel uncomfortable blazing down I-40 with it (pun intended).

And the LS is a pretty sporty vehicle. I think it loses some of it's merit as a sportier SUV only because the 2 door models exist. But with a lift kit and good tires, I don't think many guys on this forum will argue that its not a fun offroad vehicle. You get that plus the comfort and stowing space. I say get the 4 door.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:29 PM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Looks are a personal matter. I personally like the looks of the 4 door over the 2 door. There is a significant difference in wheel base between the two SUV's. The 2 door is 100.5" and the 4 door is 108.0 IIRC. Like someone said, the 4 door Blazer looks like a scaled down Tahoe. I really don't like the looks of the diagonal slanted side window in the 2ND gen. 2 door. I do like the way it pops open for ventelation and easily is closed.