General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

2000 LS Tow Package?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 06:39 AM
kearney99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2000 LS Tow Package?

I have a 2000 LS Blazer. How do I know if I have a towing package? I bought it used.

It did have trailer wiring behind the step bumper, but no connector. (I installed one and installed a Class III hitch reciever recently)

Is there a suspension mod which would indicate a Tow package?

What is included in it?

Thanks!

Old 07-06-2008, 07:37 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 2000 LS Tow Package?

Do you have the factory hitch? If so, then you have some semblance of the "tow package". For the S-series trucks, there was no true "tow package" that included everything necessary to hook up a trailer and go. There are many RPO codes that deal with trailering provisions.

UY7 Wiring Harness: Heavy Duty, Trailer
UB1 Wiring Harness: Light Duty, Trailer
VR4 Trailer Hitch: Weight Distributing Platform
Z82 Trailering Provisions, Special Equipment, Heavy Duty

RPO Z82 ties the HD options together, but isn't necessary to show that the vehicle came equipped with those HD options. Even RPO Z82 did not include the plug at the back. My old Bravada was equiped with Z82 and I had to add the plug.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:20 PM
kearney99 is an unknown quantity at this point

No, not the factory hitch. What is the difference between the HD harness and the light duty? Brake wire? I have that.

I'm looking to tow a pop-up trailer with a GWVR of just over 2,000 lbs.

Should be no problem, no? I towed my Jeep ('43 ******) on a U-Haul type car carrier int he beginning of June from NJ to Reading Pa for a WWII event. On the way home, it overheated and I found a crack in the rad. Replaced the rad and it runs cooler than before, but I'm now a little tow-shy...

Kevin

Old 07-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The HD harness included all of the wires for a 7 pin plug including being pre-wired for an electronic brake controller.

2000lbs, you shouldn't have any problem. Just remember to drop it down into 3rd if it starts to hunt for a gear.