General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

70-75 Blazer Questions

Old 06-15-2009, 09:53 AM
casperm is on a distinguished road
Default 70-75 Blazer Questions

I have posed these questions to local car dealers, looked online and have ordered a book on the issue, but I still haven't received a definitive answer to the following questions:

What package was the deluxe package for the Blazer? Some people say the CST, some say Cheyenne and some say the Silverado. This is what I have gathered so far. The K-5 was the type that distinguished the Blazer from the truck. The Cheyenne and Silverado were trim packages with a few additional features. The Silverado had the woodgrain trim package. Where does the CST fall in to this category? Was that the base model or the top of the line?

Also, I was wondering if their was a site where a person could find out how many production vehicles were released in each year. I can't find this anywhere.

Finally, I was looking at purchasing a 72' CST Blazer and a 73' GMC Jimmy Sierra. Is the Sierra GMC's model of the Cheyenne? Is it more rare than the Blazer. I just don't see them advertised as much and was wondering which one is valued higher.

Thanks for the help...I have wanted to know this for years

Old 06-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it, the CST was the top of the line trim level for the 1st generation (68-72) models. It was not continued into the 2nd generation trucks (73-91). The Cheyenne/Sierra took over as the top trim level after 73. It was not until some time in the 80's (if I remember correctly) that the Silverado package came to be. Documentation is hard to come by in regards to the trim levels.

You can browse through the dealer brochures as they are available via the link below:
http://brochures.slosh.com/

BTW, there is no need to PM the same question posted in a thread.