General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

95 blazer - nice but got ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM
biggymst is on a distinguished road
Default 95 blazer - nice but got ripped off

I recently bought a 95 blazer LT for $1800. really nice looking, runs great and looks pretty well maintained. The second day I had it, it would not start. It will turn over all day long, but finally after about 10 minutes got it to fire up. I called Graley's Auto, where I bought it, and he told me to drive it to another shop that he specified and the bill would be covered. Well its been over 2 weeks and I've been told that an ignition wire was pinched, and that was replaced, and also been told that some vents in the fuel system were also replaced. I was told it was ready to pick up, went to get it and it would not cold start...was told by mechanic that he believes the computer needs replaced. its been a few more days and I feel like im bending over and taking it hard...what should I do is there any laws pertaining to lemons on used cars from private deals? i live in WV...thanks any input will be appreciated

Old 09-20-2009, 09:33 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If they fix the issues and you are not charged for it, other than the inconvenience, what is the problem?

Old 09-20-2009, 10:25 PM

just worried that they are taking their time on purpose, I dunno I'm just paranoid that I am getting ripped off...i will be happy if the only problem turns out to be this inconvenience.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:54 PM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

return the truck before the 30 days is up. this way you wont be stuck with the truck if its a lemon.......

Old 09-23-2009, 03:07 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

well sounds like you are having the same problems im having with mine (no cold start) my issue is the fuel pump. if you have a 4.3 then it needs 60 PSI of fuel pressure to get it started ask them fi they checked the fuel pressure. and them taking forever to fix the issue is kind of normal. this is a "warranty" issue and no shop likes warranty work so they will let it sit for a while during which time they fire through a couple of "customer pay" jobs cuz they pay better. and before you know it...... its been a month and your truck is finally getting looked at, i just went through that with mine took the guy 7 weeks to replace my heads.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

BlazerGuy22 is right... most of the "cranky-no-start" issues are fuel pressure related. This issue is usually the fuel pump.
I wish I had all of the cash I've spent on various GM fuel pumps

ohh... and takes notes on everything... when you dropped it off, to whom; when you call, who you talked to, what they said etc...
if it comes to a worse case scenario, you have your case built and they will have no choice but to do the right thing.

Last edited by Byte Stryke; 09-23-2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: because I ate paint chips as a child
Old 09-24-2009, 10:04 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

and on an unrelated note im dropping my blazer off to the same guy who just replaced my heads so lets see how many months it takes before i get it back this time

Old 09-25-2009, 11:09 PM

good luck, hope it doesnt take nearly as long as your last or my current ordeal. i am going to call tomorrow for another update...will post with the news i hear, thanks for the input guys...oh and btw the mechanic has mentioned that the fuel pressure is ok that is a glitch somewhere else...its a new pump, you think maybe a faulty new pump could be the problem?

Last edited by biggymst; 09-25-2009 at 11:11 PM. Reason: forgot to mention
Old 09-25-2009, 11:27 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

the oil pressure sending unit ties in with the fuel system, it may just be a faulty OP sending unit

Old 09-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Default got it back

well I got the truck back last night, and so far so good. the mechanic said he replaced fuel vents, the fuel pump, and the fuel sending unit. so far it is running without any issues, thanks a lot for the replys