Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > General > General Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2009, 09:04 PM

cferris2103 is on a distinguished road
Default 98 Blazer no heat

i have a 98 v-6 blazer. i have flushed out the heater coil and i have replaced the thermostat. i only seem to get warm air out of the vents when the engine is over 2500 rpm, otherwise it is just cold air. any ideas...?
Old 12-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

Does the engine come up to normal operating temperature (about 1/2 way on the gauge)?
Old 12-13-2009, 09:16 PM

cferris2103 is on a distinguished road

the engine actually rarely gets above 1/2 way on the temp. gauge. it seems the engine is being cooled normally.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:17 AM
Beginning Member

acooper114 is on a distinguished road

Mine did that too. I bought a cheap flush n fill kit for the radiator and flushed it out. A bottle and a half of 50/50 anti freeze and it's hotter than it's ever been.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:37 AM

1 Wicked V is on a distinguished road

check your hoses going to the heater core...both should be roughly the same temp when at operating conditions...do you see coolant circulating while it running? Mine just blew cold air until I flushed the heater core directly with a garden hose...outlet to inlet first, then inlet thru outlet..rad cap, thermostat, and water pump are good areas to check as well...dex-cool has done nasty things to many vehicles from what i hear....
Old 12-20-2009, 06:37 AM

Tags
98, 98blazer, 99, air, blazer, blazerno, chevy, cool, heat, heater, intermittent, problems, s10, trailblazer, vents