General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Air tank compressor

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default Air tank compressor

Hey everyone,

So I have been talking to a buddy of mine, and he is thinking of doing the same thing. We have a friend who has kits for this type of setup, I just don't know if its cheaper to get the parts myself.

What I want to do is mount an air tank and compressor on the truck, for beach travel when I have to re-inflate the tires. While I was doing my lift and took my spare out (which I will not be mounting back, since I have 31 inch tires I will be putting the spare on the top of the vehicle) and see there is a looot of room under there.

I would have to have some protection for the tank, and would have the connector tube for the act line prob right through the bumper - was thinking of taking that spare tire hardware out, and where that little nipple is through the bumper were you rotate to drop the spare, sticking the air line nipple there.

Has anyone done a setup like this before? If so, did you just get a kit or did you get the parts individually?

I think with this mod, and all of my lights, I have to do the Big 3 upgrade and get a bigger battery and a more high output alt.