General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Automatic car wash vs. my Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Beginning Member
Vince's04blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Automatic car wash vs. my Blazer

So I'm new to this but here it goes. I decided to get my Blazer washed at one of my local automatic car wash one day. While waiting 40 minutes in the heat I decided to pay an extra dollar for my rims to be scrubbed by these brushes. Well I got my car wash and drove to a friend's house and they notice that all of my rims were extremely scratch. I flipped out and brought the Blazer back to my house to see if I could get the scratched out but nothing worked. So I called the car wash company and they told me that they wanted to see the Blazer. I then met with some dumb lady who took pictures of my car with a cellphone camera. I told her I would take the pictures because I'm a photographer. I submitted the pictures to the owner of the car wash and he told me that he would send them to his insurance company to see if they would fix my rims. Well I decided that I wanted a estimate from the local GM dealership. They estimate it at $854 because they would have to be sent out to get repainted. I wasn't to happy about that because I didn't want to go through all that trouble sending the rims out. Meanwhile, the owner of the car wash called and told me that he thinks that the scratches aren't from his car wash because the car wash computer system didn't pick up any warnings from my car wash. A week later I got a letter from his insurance company telling me that they wouldn't pay for the damage. I then went to my insurance company and they tried to fight it but the other company wouldn't pay. So now i'm stuck with my rims looking like this. DONT GET RIMS SCRUBBED AT A AUTOMATIC CAR WASH! sorry the pics are so big

Old 07-07-2009, 11:42 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

was it an older car wash?? i get my blazer washed every week and i also do the hub scrub and my rims still look brand new.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Beginning Member
BlazerLover1592 is on a distinguished road

I'll keep that in mind when I buy my own...

and OUCH! 854?!

Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

man that sucks. those brushes get full of dirt and grime and are never cleaned. Thats why its hand wash or touchless for me.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Beginning Member
BlazerLover1592 is on a distinguished road
Arrow

You know, just from seeing this, I will NEVER take mine through a car wash once I get it.

Hand washing for me every coupla weeks haha!

Old 07-08-2009, 05:00 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I can't use a car wash. Might break my lights! LOL

Old 07-08-2009, 07:07 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

The only carwash I've ever gotten was a touchless, even then I was a little afraid the blower at the end was going to tear off my bug-deflector, it's amazing how those things can bend lol, the ends were flapping and the middle bent away from the hood BIG TIME.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Beginning Member
Vince's04blazer is on a distinguished road

This was actually a year old car wash. They told me they never had anything like this happen before so they didn't think it was from their car wash. My insurance people said that the car wash ripped someone's side mirror off and they refused to pay. So I'm thinking they just don't wanna pay for it.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Beginning Member
deck101 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is exactly why I only hand wash my truck or use the manual car wash if it is to cold to drag out the garden hose.