General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Bedliner on rocker panels look good? 03 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Bberry20 is on a distinguished road

I have to say that using the bedliner is the best thing i have done to my ride. Works well takes abuse and looks great on top of it all. The tapeing of is the hardest part by far. I used roll on and after tapeing sand and roll. I will post a pic when i get off work, but it makes a huge differece. And the compliments i have got keep coming.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:28 AM
wGraves is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I would just throw in mine seeing how I just finished it the other day.

Taped off...

Sanded

All Pretty and Done

Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Beginning Member
83Blazer4x4 is on a distinguished road

I think it looks pretty sharp. My wife's ride is a '99 Jimmy. She might go for this if we could color match it to the truck. It is that kind of weird silver color the GM calls pewter. As far as my '83 goes I have free reign to do what ever I please, but I like the yellow and factory striping. I need to post some high res pictures instead of the ones I took with my phone.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Looks great man

Old 06-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Beginning Member
ZigZaggle is on a distinguished road

How much would you say the paint/bedliner costed you? and would it work better if you did a coat of primer first?

Old 06-25-2010, 12:55 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

I think it looks pretty good, I'm considering do it on my 2 door

Old 08-12-2010, 04:37 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I used Raptor Liner on mine ( http://www.tptools.com/p/2600,233_U-...Liner-Kit.html ) and was very happy with how easy it was to spray. You will need a small compressor to spray it but the kit does come with the gun.

You can get the tintable version to color match your paint or to contrast it. Won't say I'm totally sold on it as a lot of the DIY bed liner kits have a habit of fading after time. Being as I did mine just a few months ago I can't comment, though it still looks like I just did it.

I've had a number of folks ask me where I got it done and they were very surprised when I tell them I did it myself. A few even suggested I should open my own business to do this for others when I tell them how much it cost me.

I used two of the bottles (kit comes with four) and trying to figure out what I can use the rest on. By far the hardest part was prep, taping off and scuffing up the surface and then cleaning. The spraying was the easiest and quickest part. I sprayed two coats on both bumpers, flares and rockers. The little bit extra in each bottle at the end I went back and sprayed on the rockers.

Pulled the front bumper off and left the rear bumper on. Front is easy to pull but the rear is kind of a PITA when you have a hitch. I also used the specialty tape with the wire in it to get a nice clean line but I think that was a bit over kill.

Anyways, here's a couple of pics. I think the taping off of the bumper came out a heck of a lot better than I thought it would.

Attached Thumbnails Bedliner on rocker panels look good? 03 blazer-bumper.jpg   Bedliner on rocker panels look good? 03 blazer-dside.jpg   Bedliner on rocker panels look good? 03 blazer-pside.jpg  
Old 08-12-2010, 05:38 PM
sgp7679 is on a distinguished road

what do you do if you want to repaint truck? how do you remove it?

Old 08-12-2010, 06:30 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sgp7679
what do you do if you want to repaint truck? how do you remove it?
Well you can grind it off, or mask off the section of undercoat and paint the rest.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:31 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

your truck came out good AJ.

Quick Reply: Bedliner on rocker panels look good? 03 blazer