General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Best place to buy an '03 owner's manual?

Old 12-06-2013, 09:56 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road
Default Best place to buy an '03 owner's manual?

I bought a used 2003 Blazer LS 2 door with 4WD and auto trans. It didn't come with an owner's manual. I have so many basic questions such as; how to properly operate 4WD( my 1st 4WD), Headlight bulbs are 900X?, list of bulbs, how to set radio clock, capacities, jack storage, jack points on chassis, and so on.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:40 AM
10-78 edac is on a distinguished road

Pulled mine out of a glove box in the bone yard.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Beginning Member
Wolvezbane is on a distinguished road

Why buy when you can just go here?
Chevrolet Blazer / GMC Jimmy Owners Manuals | JustGiveMeTheDamnManual.com
That is where I got mine.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:21 AM

Wolvez. thanks, I down loaded my 2003 Owner's manual. I went to set 'radio clock' in section 3-39 and it says radio's without RDS: use the Hr and the Min buttons. Then for Radio's with RDS: basically use the same H/HR and M/Min buttons. Then on the next page 3-40 it shows the exact photo of my AM/FM radio and it has no H/M buttons on it. So even if my radio had RDS, which there is no indication it does, it still has no H/M buttons on the radio. What am I missing?

Old 12-07-2013, 10:10 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this:

Setting the Clock for Systems with the Set Button
Press SET. Within five seconds, press and hold the right SEEK arrow until the correct minute appears on the display. Press and hold the left SEEK arrow until the correct hour appears on the display.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:27 AM

Here is a graphic diagram of my 2003 am/fm radio. No tape or CD. It is shown on page
3--40 of the owner's manual. Note there is no 'set ' or 'HR or MN' buttons. That is the problem.
__________________________________________________ __________________

O -- Pwr/Vol. ( ) AM/FM

1 2 3 4 5 6

O --Rcl/Tune < SEEK SEEK> AUDIO ( ) < >*
* This is for Tre. and Bass . The
arrows < > should point up and
down.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:47 AM

Above, I was trying to reproduce the layout of the GM radio in my Blazer. Of course, it does not stay in the correct format when it is posted. But the point is, there is no 'Set' or HR/ Min buttons to set the time on my radio. Even if it was a RDS type radio, it would still have HR/Min buttons.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:28 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

You may have to let a local dealer see it.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like your radio did not receive the labels as shown in the illustration below. Try pressing and holding the down arrow in the lower right until the hour changes. Once you have the hour correct, set the minute by holding the up arrow in the lower right until the minute change, then press the up arrow until the minute is correct.

Attached Thumbnails Best place to buy an '03 owner's manual?-807379.gif  
Old 12-16-2013, 10:40 AM

Mr. Swartlkk, you get the Gold Star! I went out and depressed the Audio left arrow. Nothing happened for about 5 seconds, then a single beep and it began to change the Hour. I was happy. I still look at the page 3--40 in the owner's manual and no Hr or Min shown. Thanks for the solution! Jim