General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer engine number!

Old 08-28-2011, 02:28 AM
Lady P is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer engine number!

Help.....I have a 2002 Chevy Blazer, right hand drive imported into Aust from Japan.

It is a 4.3 litre V6.

I have to find the engine number somewhere on the engine block, in order to register it.

Where can I find this????

I have been told there is a flap in the wheel well that you can lift to find the number...no luck, all I can see is the exhaust manifold.

The car has running strips so it is hard to get under the car.....does anyone know where and how I can find this number??

I need it asap......please help

Old 08-28-2011, 03:25 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Its molded on the side of the block, might require a light and mirror to see it. That will be the only one that outright says 4.3.

There is one molded on the block behind the drivers head but it will have to be decoded and its worse to see.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:50 AM

Thanks for the response.

Looking at the Blazer from the front.....which side of the block?

Do I need to get under the car to read it, or is it accessable from the engine bay????

Thankyou for your assistance

Old 08-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The VIN Derivative would either be on the back of the block above the bell housing behind the distributor (it's facing the firewall) or it will be on the side of the bell housing just behind the oil filter adapter on the driver side of the block (just ahead of where teh transmission bolts on. This is typically a 9 digit code.

The engine ID will be located on the top of the passenger side cylinder head deck just ahead of the passenger side cylinder head below the alternator and it will be an 8 digit code.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:09 PM

Thankyou to those that have looked at this question and to those people who have replied.

I will now go and see if I can find my engine number!

Cheers

Old 09-02-2011, 09:36 PM

Sorry folks.....but could not find any engine serial number.
I have however, just got my Blazer registered ))
Turns out that on exported Blazers, the engine number is supposed to be able to be found through the passesger side (originally driver's side) wheel well....but you need a fibre optic camera to get far enough into see where it should be. However, quite a few exported Blazer's do not have an engine number stamped on the engine block!
In my case (South Australia, Australia), this necessitated proving that no engine number was on the car, then being issued with a "Police Number", and having to have that stamped on the engine block.....very hard to do without removing the engine, as there is no room!
Anyway, all is now well and I can drive my Blazer ))))))
Thankyou everyone for your input!