General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer with Pickup Bed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 12:04 PM
BigBlackBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer with Pickup Bed?

It seems like everyone on here uses bedliner for something- rocker panels, bumpers, bowties, hell I think I've even seen Craigslist ads for blazers where people have bedlined their shocks! I was thinking about using bedliner for what it was actually designed for (kinda) and bedlining my cargo area to create a bed that I can get dirty. Think about it, there is no reason to have carpet in the back, except maybe for noise reduction. Carpet just gets dirty and stained, plus the plastic on the tailgate gets scratched and dirty whenever you put something big in the back. Bedliner on the tailgate, floor, back of the seats, and on the sides will give you a little bit more pickup style utility, and still get the SUV dry cargo space and the weight distribution that kicks *** offroad!

I just wanna get some opinions on this. I guess If I actually bedlined the floor, I would have to reroute any wires and rear windshield washer lines that run under the carpet, so if need be I can get to them. Anyone else see any problems with this?

Old 06-03-2013, 03:03 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

it actually will act as a sound deadener as well , maybe not as good as carpet but some
Lots of jeep guys do the entire inside of their tub
If you get into to much water you dont end up with wet carpet

Old 06-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Starting Member
Neb15 is on a distinguished road

Interesting idea. Only problem i can see is there are probably holes or voids behind the carpet and liner if you wanted to do the sides and talegate. The floor should be doable, I think most wires are along the side quarter panel... if not use some small conduit.
The previous owner of my blazer spilled paint all over the back carpet in mine. already ruined so i dont care what happens back there. I guess I could just finish the job back there with bed liner.
Would be cool to see a photo shop of it or something

Old 06-04-2013, 07:37 AM
BigBlackBlazer is on a distinguished road

what if they just sold a plastic bedliner tub that fit the back of an suv?it would be like a cargo liner, just bigger. An s10 bedliner wouldnt fit back there, would it?

Old 06-04-2013, 12:26 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

A semi hard bed liner for the back of my 4dr blazer with the seats down would be nice. I think Id have to make it my self or could possibly an S10 liner fit IDK.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Starting Member
Jakeduece is on a distinguished road

I have seen a thread on here not too long ago, where somebody did exactly that. He used bedliner on the back cargo area, turned out really good. He has some pics in the thread.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

i used herculiner in one of my trucks for the floor cause it came with no carpet and its still holding up pretty good a few years later. only down side is your truck will stink like that stuff for a few days so be sure to leave the windows down all you can