General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 02:57 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blazer Rebuild

I decided to do an entire overhaul of my blazer due to how many oil leaks and problems its having. I'm gonna check the bearings and crank to see the wear on it, if its bad we are going to drop the brand new updated 4.3 in it. If the engine looks good we are going to go ahead and replace all the worn parts and build up the engine, also going to be doing a complete trans rebuild. This happens monday/tuesday, wish me luck :P Ill go ahead and post pictures with progress.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:53 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Blazer Rebuild

Good luck. I'd see about getting the Colorado I5 or the Trailblazer I6, I don't know if it would fit though...

Old 07-20-2007, 07:03 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The I5might fit... It's actually kind of a small motor... Too bad the 4.3 doesn't have that same torque curve! lol

Much easier to drop a 350 in it, though, lol

Old 07-20-2007, 07:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the rebuild Brett!

And I can say with all certainty that the I6 will NOT fit under the hood of an s-series without serious modification! This is one LONG motor.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:51 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no its the updated 4.3 out of the 2005 it has 195 hp. Same 262 block LOL. PFFT my blazer takes the z series colorados and im 20000 pounds heavier that Inline 5 is a joke.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:09 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Depends on the gears that the Colorado has...

I bet'cha a 3.7 would smoke ya, lol... or, at least it should... it's got a boatload more HP and almost as much TQ with a lot less weight, lol.

Then again, the 4.3 is built pretty much for pure torque out of a V6, lol

Old 07-20-2007, 04:26 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the rebuild. Sux ya gotta do it but hey, it happens.On the plusside though,if ya gotta start replacing stuff its a perfect time to do some performance and dress up stuff since you have the time and room.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:35 PM

Oh yea Edelbrock performer cam and lifts going in and some headers :P

Old 07-23-2007, 08:19 PM

Ok we got the engine out today and found all the leaks and some bad cooler lines. We are going to put a performance bearing kit in tomarrow. But I came into some extra money and want some more performance. Which of these addons would be most cost effective.

Headers
Intake Manifold
Cam & Lifters

Old 07-28-2007, 02:08 PM
riceh8r0512 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like your gonna have some fun there. I'm thinking about buying a junk 4.3 to start doing a complete tear down and rebuilt on with some extra goodies to eventually do a swap with, I've had some serious problems as of late and since it's my DD I can't have it sitting while doing a rebuild.

As far as what addons, I would go with the headers first, your cam and lifters will appreciate the extra breathing room a little more than the stock manifolds. If you can do both, that would be great, but I can understand if that is not feasable. From what I have read on here, the stock manifold is going to be your best bet on the 4.3, but I could be wrong.