General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

buying an olds bravada

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Beginning Member
acfiero is an unknown quantity at this point
Question buying an olds bravada

hi everyone im looking at buying a 97 bravada with 44k on it. anything in particular i should look for? the body and the interior are in great shape, and the guys asking $4995 for it. how much do you guys think i could get it for if i pay in cash? thanks any info is appreciated

Old 03-12-2009, 08:23 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Trade you core supports and front clip!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

At face value, it looks like a decent deal. The problem that I see with it is that 44k miles is quite low for a 12 year old vehicle. So low that you may have problems with things (belts, hoses, seals, bushings, etc) due to lack of use and the effects of age. I would really inspect things well before dropping the coin on it. I am sure it looks very nice, but make sure that it does not leak oil or any other fluids and that the ride quality is good.

When you take it for a test drive, drive in some tight circles to make sure that there is no problems with the clutch in the transfer case. The AWD transfer case that is in that truck is a dedicated 30/70 F/R split (IIRC), but the clutch should allow it to slip when turning so as not to bind up.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Beginning Member
acfiero is an unknown quantity at this point

if its locking up im guessing i would hear a lot of tire squeal huh

Old 03-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You would feel it bind as you turned in tight circles. Maybe chirp a tire, but it should not be squealing a lot.