General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

"C" on overhead compass display.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Rob02150 is on a distinguished road
Default "C" on overhead compass display.

Hey everyone, how's it going? I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'll give it a shot.

Today I started up my Blazer (2000 LT) and as I was heading to the store I looked up at the temperature / compass display and noticed a "C" instead of a normal compass direction. Anyone have any idea what that can mean, and if so how to put it back to normal? Has it ever happened to anyone? It confused the Hell out of me.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I think C means it needs to be calibrated.. I thought I had read that all you need to do to recalibrate it is find an open spot and drive around complete circles.

Not sure if there were any other steps though, thats all I can remember

Old 03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, 'C' means that you have to calibrate the compass. The procedure is covered in your owner's manual. If you do not have an owners manual, you can get an electronic copy by signing up with MyGMLink.com. It will redirect you to the new, proper website.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:36 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

My computer will do this occasionally and, as Matt said, I will find a parking lot and do a slow 360 and it corrects itself.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Rob02150 is on a distinguished road

Yup. If only my lazy self would actually read my manual I would have known this! Now I'm just curious to why the compass needed to be re-calibrated in the first place. It was working fine yesterday. Kinda odd. But anyways, thanks for the help!

Old 03-30-2009, 02:05 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

We've got loads of rouna-a-bouts. Feels silly going around & around but on the smaller one's you you should see the faces of people trying to get in! Priceless!

Old 03-30-2009, 02:48 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob02150
Yup. If only my lazy self would actually read my manual I would have known this! Now I'm just curious to why the compass needed to be re-calibrated in the first place. It was working fine yesterday. Kinda odd. But anyways, thanks for the help!
It's the American way - if all else fails, read the directions.
As to why it happens - it's electronics. 'Nuff said.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Beginning Member
yellow_ZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

awesome info. I was wondering this myself... to bad i didn't RTFM tho!