General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Castrol Edge??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 09:27 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Castrol Edge??

So i heard about the new castrol edge on the superbowl ad. http://www.castroledgeusa.com/

Is it complete BS or is it true they claim to be better then Mobil1. What do you all think about it?

Old 02-03-2009, 09:48 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Castrol Edge??

hahah saw the commercial and thought the same thing. I was going to try it out...give the superbowl ad execs a bone..

Old 02-03-2009, 10:29 PM

yea im thinkinh of trying it i just wanna no other peoples thoughts on the subject

yo wolfpack were suppose to get another 6 inches tonight cant wait lol

Old 02-03-2009, 10:45 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I know I have an organic chem test tomorrow at 10:15...

Old 02-03-2009, 10:51 PM

ouch dam that sucks but could also be good, either good you get another night if "studying" lol or bad cause you alrdy studied and your gonna have to study all over again

Old 02-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just remember that you only have to be better than something else in one test for that kind of statement to be true...

Old 02-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Beginning Member
madhatter256 is an unknown quantity at this point

Which mobil 1 5w30? Don't they make conventional, synthetic blend, and fully synthetic? Which one of those particular ones does it say is better?

I have used Castrol GTX in my Old taurus. The oil is not too expensive, but not cheap, either. I plan on using that (not the edge as it's out of my budget) for my next oil change.

Here is a direct link to their product data:

http://www.castroledgeusa.com/assets...10W-30_PDS.pdf

Old 02-04-2009, 08:14 PM
95_4door is an unknown quantity at this point

They can't claim it has 8x better wear protection than Mobil1, unless it does. According to the tests done after 100 hours run time, it really was better.
Plus, it is the same price as Mobil1. It is cheaper than Royal Purple. I would definitely give it a shot.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:07 PM
BF Veteran

Ill give it a shot..Ima try and break the cycle of quick lube changes...yikes...

Old 02-04-2009, 10:05 PM

yea im gonna give it a shot to hopefully its good i just switched to PP full syntheic so im gonna switch over 2 this i do all my own oil changes so but yea if any 1 has used it or has any comments post them

Quick Reply: Castrol Edge??