General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Going to the boneyard

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 11:54 AM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road
Wink Going to the boneyard

Hey yall. I'm heading out to the pull a part in Augusta for the first time today. I'll let yall know what I find. Maybe some hard to find stuff?
Anyway, just wanted to say hello to the forum and hope everyone is having a great day.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:42 PM
10-78 edac is on a distinguished road

The change on the floor is mine! Please pick up as much as possible and send it this way.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:36 PM

Had a great time digging around at the yard today. Found 4 out of 5 items I needed and only paid about $22. Nice! The one thing that seemed to be missing from the almost 20 blazers there was the sun visors. No good ones to be found that I could use. Maybe next time. And for the record, there was no change. ��

Old 12-24-2016, 12:24 PM
Default Those clips that hold the plug wires together

Originally Posted by GreenBlazer2002
Had a great time digging around at the yard today. Found 4 out of 5 items I needed and only paid about $22. Nice! The one thing that seemed to be missing from the almost 20 blazers there was the sun visors. No good ones to be found that I could use. Maybe next time. And for the record, there was no change. ��
how do you unclip those things? I actually broke a screwdriver trying to pry one open. Thanks!

Old 12-25-2016, 06:57 PM
ekaye1 is on a distinguished road

I am real lucky with my local yard.

It is rich in 4x4 Blazers, Jimmys and Bravadas. A pretty wide selection of Tahoes, Silverados, Yukons and S-10 pick-ups too. Yeah a real GM heaven.

I have been lucky parts wise too. Most of my little Blazer's minor injuries are repairable with plastic grommets or tiny little bolts and light bulbs. That saved a bunch on large parts I would just cannibalize anyway.

Instead of grabbing everything I could get my hands on in one trip; I really had to hold back. I decided to be very picky. Instead of grabbing a "U-Haul Hitch" I opted to look for something that was gonna tuck in tight to keep things as snag free as possible. I opted for a round tube Class III hitch and a OEM Wiring harness from a virgin blazer. The square tube is rated almost 1000 lbs stronger but the rounded shape of my '96 looks way better the other way. I even found a pair of molded "Weather Guard" mats for the front seats !

I need to find out more about some of the most expensive to replace parts from the dealer or parts houses and stock up.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:56 PM
Beginning Member
Mannclan is on a distinguished road

I went to our You Pull It yard a couple of weeks ago and picked up dash vents, passenger side vanity mirror, driver side dash speaker cover, and the cargo area rolling cover. I'll head back in the near future to grab a rear window. The yard has several Blazers and Jimmys. I'm hoping to find a front bumper also.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:13 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Always look for the seat tilt lever for left/driver and right passenger side front seat. They are plastic and prone to break. They are hard to find because they are in 'high demand'. So even if you don't need one today, you will eventually.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:56 PM
Starting Member
awesomeamerican1 is on a distinguished road

I always keep a look out for the new ones on the yard (like within a couple of days) if i need something cosmetic like that. Main reason being because these vehicles are in the perfect range of being old/new that a lot of people look for parts of these trucks. Usually after those 3-7 days of a blazer being on the lot, the only good parts you're going to find are things that are going to take some real know how to get, aka: motor, suspension, drivetrain, etc. This is one reason I like the "pull-a-parts" junkyards. They have a web based search feature that will let you know when they get vehicles on their yard, and even notify you when they get new ones in via text or email. Not to mention they have fairly decent standardized pricing on all kinds of parts

Old 04-29-2017, 03:16 PM
Default Got my tailgate parts! Yahoo!!

Got the passenger side door pull in nearly perfect condition and it was even the right color!!
Score!!! Paid $6 for it. It's listed on eBay for anywhere between $70 and $150.
Awesome!!

Old 04-29-2017, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by GreenBlazer2002
how do you unclip those things? I actually broke a screwdriver trying to pry one open. Thanks!
if you mean those three screws that hold it up, I have a ratchet driver for that. If you mean the little piece that you clip and unclip the visit to, that's one of those things that spreads itself out once inside the hole so you have to use some vise grips and carefully pull it straight out so as not to break it.

Quick Reply: Going to the boneyard