General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

conversion:4WD to 2WD

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 08:35 PM
urone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default conversion:4WD to 2WD

Has anyone tackled this subjuct? Would like some ideas of how you'd go about doing this conversion.Thanks for your ideas

Old 04-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: conversion:4WD to 2WD

Have a look at the related threads below. Search also will turn up a few more results.

One really has to ask why you want to do such a thing first...

Old 04-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

why would you want to do this? whats the benefit?

Old 04-13-2008, 10:22 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

If you're looking to do the true 2wd way your going to have to swap out the entire frame. Other than that you're going to have to figure out how to rig it with the spindles up front and get an extension on the driveshaft.

ORIGINAL: Jharper

why would you want to do this? whats the benefit?
Uhh lets see.

More horse power (weight)
No Lowering problems
2wd offset
No Xfer case

BTW Jeremy there are fake Ad's in classifieds aren't u a mod ?

Old 04-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

what ads are you talking about? i must be blind.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:30 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

No Kyle just did it for you.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:10 AM
urone is an unknown quantity at this point

The main reason to convert a 4wd to 2wd in I can not find a decent 2 wd Blazer east of the Mississippi River. There's plenty of 4X4s so to get 2wd Blazer is to convert a 4X4. So that's why I need some ideason the conversion

Old 04-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, what is the motivation for a 2wd? Lowering? Less weight? The frames are completely different between the two...

Have a look at the first link in the Related Threads table at the bottom of the page.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:58 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I have a 2WD Jimmy that is in excellent condition east of the Mississippi, but it is not for sale at the moment.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:52 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Your wanting to bag it I take it that would drive someone to convert a 4x4 into a 2wd. I have a buddy of mine delivering me a 4x4 blazer 2dr and its a 89 that he wants me to convert over then bag and body drop it and finish the chop top. I will post pics of it when I start the buildup on it.