General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Diamond Edition Jimmy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Tonyrodz is on a distinguished road
Default Diamond Edition Jimmy?

I've heard of the diamond edition once before. Is this one? I've got a few questions-how rare is it? What's it worth? What else besides the seats are unique to it? I think I've heard something about the headlights or something? It's for sale and my gf is looking for a 4wd.
Has 124,000 miles for $1300.
thx

Attached Thumbnails Diamond Edition Jimmy?-jimmy-1.jpg   Diamond Edition Jimmy?-jimmy-2.jpg   Diamond Edition Jimmy?-jimmy-3.jpg   Diamond Edition Jimmy?-jimmy-4.jpg  

Last edited by Tonyrodz; 02-05-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:17 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

That's it! Sexy.

From what I understand the unique parts are: front push bar, side cladding, interior diamond stitching. There may be more but definitely those.

I'd get it. Not collector rare, but I've only seen one in person.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:20 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I think its a good deal the mileage is low and I love the interior

its something you dont see every day

Old 02-05-2012, 07:22 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Ive never noticed one at the local junk yard,and they get at least a 12 new ones in the yard every 2 weeks.

for 1300 id grab it. As long as it runs good.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:23 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

For $1300, I'd expect something to be wrong with it. If not, that's a steal.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:29 PM

It's in Brooklyn and I'm in Belmar--it's not too far but not down the street either. I'd love to go look at it! I called but they were closed. The 2 things I'd be concerned about are the trans and if the push button 4wd works. I love how it looks! can you see the power button switches on the driver seat? The smaller ones-what are they for?

Old 02-05-2012, 07:32 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I have a 2000 GMC Jimmy Diamond Edition. They only made them for 2 years to celebrate 30 years of the jimmy. Mine is fully loaded. Front push bars, Factory HID Headlights. Factory step bars on the side. Diamond Stitch interior. Bose Stereo, Heated seats and outside mirrors. Rear Air Shocks with Accesory Compressor in the rear cargo area. Rear Audio Controls. Overhead console. Factory Tow Hitch. Alloy Rims. See the link below for my original post and pics.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/genera...edition-34725/

I like the factory HID headlights but if one goes out be prepared to take up the A$$. There is no aftermarket bulbs or ballast. The replacement bulb from GM requires a new style ballast. The price for both a GM HID Bulb and the Ballast is right near a $1,000. The HID Bulbs are custom built bulbs for GM. They have a unique mounting system and the length of the bulb is custom. If you get a standard D1S bulb there is no way to mount it and the light pattern will not be correct. One of my headlights was out when I purchased my Jimmy and had to find out the hard way. The good news if you do not want to keep the HID you can install a set of OEM Halogen headlights and they will plug into the existing harness with no modifications,

Old 02-05-2012, 07:46 PM

DAMN! I think I want it now!!! The more I look at it the more I like it. Only thing I don't like are the factory rims. My mom's bf has some 01 Trail Blazer rims that he doesn't want. They look like the ZR2 rims.
I WANT IT!!lol

Old 02-05-2012, 10:31 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Where in Brooklyn is it and If you PM me the vin # I will do a quick history report for you at work.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:31 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I like them but be warned, 2 years only and some of the parts are hard to find or like the HIDs are $$$$ to replace.

Quick Reply: Diamond Edition Jimmy?