General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Did i make a mistake on buying my blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road
Default Did i make a mistake on buying my blazer?

I bought this 1994 S10 blazer Tahoe LT 4X4 4.3l Vortec Vin-W off of a friend for 400.00 it came with a bad transmission as i posted in previous threads and the engine stutters and tries to die at start up and also almost stalls when coming to a stop at a red light or while slow turning.

And i know i am going to get the tranny replaced but this engine stuttering is real bothering me lately, i mean i been thinking non stop all day, and searching the net doing Google searches and anything else i can think of and it is really really bothering me i clean the Map sensor and still does the same thing the next step is to buy a EGR valve gasket and then take off the old one and clean it. Which i really hope i get it working because my cav is not running right now it needs a lot of work due to me wreaking it a couple months ago and it needs the whole front end replaced.

but anyways did i make a mistake on buying this blazer? or is it worth putting a new tranny in it while i only paid 400.00 for it and every thing else works fine beside the engine stuttering. i really could not afford anything else because rent is massive here and right now its kinda hard to save up the cash to get a newer blazer, Because i was looking at a 2000 blazer 4x4 for like 3400.00 with nothing wrong with it but you know no one these day take payment plans lol

Here is the picture of it

Old 03-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Did i make a mistake on buying my blazer?

You would be well off to buy a chilton manual or some other manual to help diagnose the issues you are having. The problems you're having could be one or more issues. Usually a few simple things can fix the problem inexpensively.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:21 AM

Thanks ill buy one, But you think it was worth buying the blazer?

Old 03-03-2009, 02:59 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

well if it was only 400 and you were aware of the problems then no. plus you should probably be able to find cheap parts for it on craigslist all day long. thats probably where i would look for a new transmission...

Old 03-03-2009, 06:59 PM

yeah i found one for 280.00 and its very very clean and has 58k miles on it so i will be buying it within the next few days hopefully

Old 03-04-2009, 12:05 PM

Bump.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Any word from the seller as to how that transmission was working when pulled?

Old 03-04-2009, 02:00 PM

Yeah i talked to him a little while ago and he said it was from his blazer when new it was wreaked in 96 front end damage witch he was planing on fixing but ended up enlisting into the army and it sat in his mothers garage for years and he drove it around his property and it worked fine and now he is just parting it out

Old 03-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a good deal then.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:04 PM

Yeah, I am going tomorrow to look at it and put 50.00 down on it for him to hole it until the 25th

Quick Reply: Did i make a mistake on buying my blazer?