General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Diversity of the BLazer Owners: Who are you?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 01:28 PM
Red9Beard4 is on a distinguished road
Default Diversity of the BLazer Owners: Who are you?

I'm interested in seeing what makes you as a Blazer owner you. Just a quick write of what your day job is and previous jobs if you want, what hobbies you enjoy, the kind of music you primarily listen to, and anything else you want to add.

I work as a Retail Parts Pro for Advance Auto Parts currently. I was a tech for General Motors before and a industrial mechanic before that.

Hobbies are playing guitar, going camping, skateboarding, and working on anything with an engine.

Music includes Country, Classic Rock, Post-Hardcore, Punk-Pop, and Hip-Hop.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:59 PM
GreenCnC is on a distinguished road

I work shipping/receiving at a warehouse. All past jobs included diff posts at warehouses.

Hobbies: Zombie stuff, books, working with my hands and using tools (on anything really)

Music: little bit of everything, except orchestra and crap like that.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:08 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I am a food and nutrition director at an early childhood care center.
Hobbies are gaming and collecting, building model cars and working on cars.
Music, just about anything but I really am into rap, anything really that sounds good with the system in the truck.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Beginning Member
Fryer, Nick is on a distinguished road

I am a sophomore at the University Of Toledo studying Computer Science Engineering.

I like vintage console collecting, camping, mountain biking, and making YouTube videos.

Own a small multimedia company called OneUp Creative (oneup.photo) YouTube

I used to be in a band called Spoon Thrash back in high school where we played a lot of Sound Garden and Alice In Chains.

Last edited by Fryer, Nick; 10-10-2016 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Hi my name's Rex and I'm addicted to se... Oops wrong part of the internet's my bad!!

I'm a Business Manager for a small 25 person Big Data Storage company. We have worked to create our own open source software defined storage appliances and have been rather successful doing so.

All my free time nowadays is consumed by my kids and giving them the best possible life a kid could have (see photo taken last night below). I enjoy fishing and sipping fine scotch and whiskey with the occasional cigar thrown in for good measure. I'm looking at getting into bicycling as a form of exercise but I haven't committed yet!

Music I guess would be mostly country when I'm driving because that's what comes in and then a lot of hard rock blasting through my headphones while I'm at work.

Attached Thumbnails Diversity of the BLazer Owners: Who are you?-9807437f-ff86-4070-a506-a7476c6139e7_zpsybjorkwx.jpg  
Old 10-11-2016, 12:44 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

im a mechanic so i get to work on every make and model there is. i wont own anything but a chevy. not necessarily because of reliability (though i do own some reliable old trucks) but because of simplicity. everything is usually so easy to fix compared to other makes and models. last thing i want to do is fix my own junk when i get off work.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by abig84
im a mechanic so i get to work on every make and model there is. i wont own anything but a chevy. not necessarily because of reliability (though i do own some reliable old trucks) but because of simplicity. everything is usually so easy to fix compared to other makes and models. last thing i want to do is fix my own junk when i get off work.
This was a big problem for me when I was a tech for GM. It made me grow tired of going home and having to work on my own stuff, much less actually want to. I got out of turning wrenches for that reason. Don't want to hate one of my most important hobbies. Now if I could get in at a custom fab/performance shop... that'd be nice.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:25 AM
Beginning Member
ron768 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a former serviceman with over 20 years of service ( army) . I now work as a helicopter mechanic for a full time job. Resident motorcycle hooligan and collector of fine firearms ( no plastic here, just blued steel and wood). Love dogs and have several rescues. Married to a wonderful woman. I have had 2 blazers, a 1996 4wd (sold) and currently have a 2002 2wd 2 dr 5 sp manual with over 275 k miles on the clock. As for music,,, Classic Rock!

Old 10-28-2016, 07:35 PM
Beginning Member
maryoka is on a distinguished road

I am retired from State job worked at for 30 plus years. I recently bought my 2001 blazer had a 1999 blazer for about 10 years not many problems odometer went out sold it to the same guy bought the 2001 blazer from he fixed the odometer had only 100,000 miles on it! Now this truck I had back brake pads installed and brought it to another shop where they fixed the rear axle seal and pinion seals. Now it needs bearing too and is horrible to drive as fluid leaks onto brakes and they grab from time to time is nerve wracking. I like to keep my laptop and desktop maintained to keep busy and like music and chat rooms and reading. I wish I was a female mechanic because this is getting very costly here. Thinking of maybe selling this truck before anything else happens to it. I love blazers though and driving a car would be not fun for me too low to ground.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by maryoka
I am retired from State job worked at for 30 plus years. I recently bought my 2001 blazer had a 1999 blazer for about 10 years not many problems odometer went out sold it to the same guy bought the 2001 blazer from he fixed the odometer had only 100,000 miles on it! Now this truck I had back brake pads installed and brought it to another shop where they fixed the rear axle seal and pinion seals. Now it needs bearing too and is horrible to drive as fluid leaks onto brakes and they grab from time to time is nerve wracking. I like to keep my laptop and desktop maintained to keep busy and like music and chat rooms and reading. I wish I was a female mechanic because this is getting very costly here. Thinking of maybe selling this truck before anything else happens to it. I love blazers though and driving a car would be not fun for me too low to ground.
If you really enjoy it, in the end it will feel rewarding. I have spent roughly $1500 on mine in the past 3 months (that's me doing all the labor) and there is still a lot more needed, but I know that I could go out and buy a car for $3000+ and have to possibly do the same. Though I agree, it is very frustrating lol.

Quick Reply: Diversity of the BLazer Owners: Who are you?