General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Driver Side Mirror Fell Off - Replacing and looking for input

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Beginning Member
MintyMadness is on a distinguished road
Default Driver Side Mirror Fell Off - Replacing and looking for input

Hi All.

Been a while since I posted.. Me and my small famdamily moved back home to Houston! Been trying to get re-established here so there hasn't been time for much else.. Blazer pulled a 5x8 uhaul trailer down here from St. Louis, and the whole trip went off "without a hitch." (hardy harr harr)

Every day I am seemingly more amazed at how rock solid my little truck is. Even with the minor stuff that comes up like wheel bearings, brakes, suspension... The motor and tranny seem to have so much life left in them..

Anyway on to my topic. My driver side mirror just flippin' *fell off* the other day.. I guess with it's age or whatever... anyway I noticed that it broke at the mounts where it screws into the door. I was going to just gorilla glue it but then I noticed that a new pair on eBay is... $54.15 for powered heated mirrors with a warranrty.. free shipping..

So here's the LINK for the auction.. I figure I should get yall's opinion seeing as how you guys are the unofficial experts on these trucks AFAIC.

Thanks!

-Jerm

Old 04-16-2010, 01:40 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Looks like a deal... I'd look at the feedback for similar items and see what people have had to say.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I would agree.

Were those the style mirrors that were on your truck? Thought they stopped in '97 and moved up to the bulkier matte finished mirrors. Doesn't matter if you are replacing them both.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:43 AM
biniecki is on a distinguished road

I just bought a pair from autoandart off ebay. My passenger side fell off last week and my driver side is held in with screws lol. They are powered and look similar to the ones you are looking at. Not sure if they are heated tho. I got the pair for around $33 shipped. They are brand new, good quality and look amazing.

EDIT: Just looked it up and mine are not heated and for a 96 thus the cheaper price. The do have 98 power heated available for a couple bucks less than the ones you found. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...item5ad8efd791 $51.46 shipped

Last edited by biniecki; 04-23-2010 at 09:48 AM.