General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

fix it or park it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Beginning Member
winslonia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fix it or park it?

just got the 200 thousand threshold and after the front end work and all the other stuff we do. .. and now i think a head gasket leak...am i just jinxed ? wow !

Old 04-12-2009, 01:11 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Not jinxed, you just own a blazer. Common problems with them include what you've already fixed and have yet to fix.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Beginning Member

thanks AJ.!
that will save me some clinical costs...i owe ya!
i never could tie those knots anyway.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:54 PM
ptg327 is an unknown quantity at this point

You're parts can't last forever. You have 200,000 miles and that's just the way it works so go with Delco, Moog and such if you plan to keep it. You then will get better life out of your parts. That's my opinion. But who am I to say, I gave up on my Blazer and put a for sale sign in it.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:50 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

at some point they start to nickle and dime you to death. Keeping it or selling it depends on how committed to it you are. IF you got the means, a newer vehicle could cost less in repairs, then again, the repairs could cost less than payments.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:05 AM
Beginning Member

ok... today the transmission! the bands i think. no reverse,slow shifting into second, the expensive noise!
great .
and no i'm not on a window ledge typing this!

Old 05-01-2009, 06:34 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

wow sorry to hear that, I once was told when i had my Blazer in a quick lube place getting an oil change by the mechanic there "Blazer's are great trucks, but they are a Mechanic's best friend" and even with 127k on mine I see what he means.

Have you checked you trans fluid yet? see if it is low or burned?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Beginning Member

ok so if i'm at the junkyard, there's only two kinds of transmissions for these things right? 2wd or 4wd ? 98/99 blazer...bravada...s10, are all the same right?
thanks !( if i searched these forums right)

Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Beginning Member

i have a line on a two door blazer, can i use this transmission in the four door?

Old 05-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You definitely want to be looking for a 98+ 4L60E. There were modifications made in 98 to make the transmission work better. Widen your search out to the fullsize trucks as well.

Quick Reply: fix it or park it?