Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > General > General Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2009, 02:57 PM

JSolCanby is on a distinguished road
Default Flat towing a 1998 Blazer

Hi - I have a motor coach and would like to be able to tow my 1998 Blazer 4 wheels down rather than using a tow dolly. The Blazer is an automatic 4X4. My mechanic says that as long as its in neutral and the transfer case (electronic switch) is in neutral that I should not have any problems. I'm looking for 2nd and 3rd opinions before I mount a tow bar on the front. Any comments or advice is appreciated.

Thanks. Joe
Old 03-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Administrator
2013 Cadillac ATS

rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what your owner's manual says:

If your vehicle has four
-wheel-drive it cannot be dinghy towed (towing with all four wheels on the ground). A four-wheel-drive vehicle must be towed by flatbed.

Take it for what it's worth.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

It comes down to what you have for a transfer case.

If you have a 3-button dash switch, then it is possible to flat tow the truck. You will have to disconnect the rear driveshaft prior to flat towing it.

If you have the 4-button dash switch... I think you may be able to flat tow it, but you have to make absolutely sure that the front driveshaft does not turn as you move the vehicle along with disconnecting the rear driveshaft.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:38 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
1998, bar, blazer, chevy, dinghy, drive, flat, ground, k5, mount, problem, tow, towable, towed, towing, wheel, wheels