General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Good Buy??

Old 08-02-2009, 02:15 PM
BGarcia is on a distinguished road
Default Good Buy??

Hello all!

I am trying to trade in my car for this 2002 Chevy Blazer that can be found here http://tinyurl.com/m5rz6v . Now I am just wondering if they are reliable since it already has about 80k miles on it? The dealer has 3 months of warranty on it and I am thinking about getting the extended warranty just incase. My brother warned me about Blazers though at first I thought it was an s-10 and he said s-10's caused a lot of problems once they get over 50k miles. I only travel about 5-7k miles a year. I live in the woods so I need a good truck for snow in the winter to go to class and back.

I checked carfax and everything cleared out okay. Just wondering what you all think before I go check out the truck tomorrow.

It is a sexy truck, I want to add a grille gaurd, after market wheels and get a lift eventually.

Oh and I'd like to add that I checked kbb and some reason I can't find the 2002 Chevy Blazer LS for retail value, trade in value, etc. It just takes me to the sport edition of the blazer so thats why i thought it was an s10.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:33 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know why it was hard to find. Click here.

Are they good trucks? Well, this is a Blazer website and there are an awful lot of members here, so I would say that quite a few people like them. Like any vehicle, you will find good examples and bad ones. Primarily, the weak link is lack of maintenance and/or abuse.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Don't know why it was hard to find. Click here.

Are they good trucks? Well, this is a Blazer website and there are an awful lot of members here, so I would say that quite a few people like them. Like any vehicle, you will find good examples and bad ones. Primarily, the weak link is lack of maintenance and/or abuse.
When you click on one of the options it takes you to the Sports Utility 2D and 4D . Don't think thats the same of what I listed above?

Old 08-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Big Keith is on a distinguished road

Just like any used truck you will get good & bad with 80K.. if your not comfortable doing this your self. I would recommend you have a mechanic look at it & do a compression test so you know what your getting in to. If you buy it I would do a oil change, trany fluid with filter & rear deferential oil change with all good oil's & fluid's & a fuel filter it seems people don't change these. maybe a tune up if needed.... Good luck P.S. It's a nice looking truck

Old 08-02-2009, 06:02 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BGarcia
When you click on one of the options it takes you to the Sports Utility 2D and 4D . Don't think thats the same of what I listed above?
The Blazer you are thinking of buying is a 4 door sport utility. The '4D' stands for 'four door', so choose that option.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:12 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

buy it! buy it!

Old 08-02-2009, 07:20 PM

Alright going to take a look at it tomorrow for sure now. I checked kbb and blazer got 4 out of 5 stars and course some bad reviews but that happens with all cars when they start hitting same age on it. Plus since I'm not gonna put on a whole lot of miles it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:40 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

I just bought a Blazer with 73,000 miles on it

no problems what so ever

Old 08-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Starting Member
megaroos_00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely buy the extended warranty! I purchased mine w/ 94K in May 07 and by Dec the tranny went on it. It is worth the extra few hundred or so that they cost. BTW, if they offer it to cover electrical items, get that too!!

Old 08-02-2009, 10:07 PM

Yeah it would be stupid not getting the extended warranty. My car trade in at KBB is valued at least a thousand + more then the blazer is worth so im hoping i can leave without paying anything. though i got about a grand with me jus incase

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good Buy??