General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Goodbye Jimmy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:27 PM
yukonmedic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goodbye Jimmy!

We it's official, I traded in my Jimmy yesterday. 70,000km on her and she's already gone from my hands. In the last two weeks I ran into some major problems, such as a massive washer fluid leak, power steering hose break, leaking rear diff, blew a belt, and snapped off a valve stem. I guess -50C temps and Jimmy's just don't mix well.

So I got fed up, and went out and bought myself a new 2009 Jeep Wrangler. This way if the chilly temps break anything i'll be well covered under warranty.

Sad to see her go though, she was a great truck in the summer months.

Hopefully you all have better luck with your Jimmy's and Blazers. Thanks to all of you for the support over the last year, this has been the best online community I have encountered thus far, may your tire treads grip and your motor rev high!

Cheers,

Jordan (yukonmedic)

Old 01-27-2009, 12:31 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Goodbye Jimmy!

Adios, Jordan, it was good to have you around (twice). Best of luck with the new Jeep.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Minor repairs to me. How much did you get in for trade in on it?

Old 01-27-2009, 10:05 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Aww I liked your ZR2

But 09 jeeps are sweeeet. What package did you get?

Old 01-28-2009, 12:52 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

aw c'mon... there's bound to be another blazer project somewhere in your future...

Old 01-28-2009, 01:15 AM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

that sucks man why go jeep shouldve gotten the trailblazer or even better the trailblazer SS i looked at a 2009 ss at the dealership the other day (window shopping lol) and for almost $40k dam it was nice

Old 01-28-2009, 01:27 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I think in yukons case it was the ability to handle -50* below zero and the rest of the yukon winters that led to the Jeep. As nice as a trailblazer SS would be to have

Old 01-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would not spend $40k on no Trailblazer, ss or not!!! Shoot, with a few G's more you could get an Escalade or Hummer!!!

Old 01-28-2009, 12:31 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

hummers were selling here for like 30k dude.....not 09's but still....

Old 01-29-2009, 05:38 AM
yukonmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, as nice as the trailblazers are, i just couldn't justify that kind of cash. i managed to get 12,000 for my trade-in, which was nice. I just got the Wrangler X, since i'll be doing all the suspension and other work myself, no point in paying an extra 10k+ for the rubicon...

Quick Reply: Goodbye Jimmy!