General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Grille Gaurds/Bull bars

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Beginning Member
bgummer is on a distinguished road
Default Grille Gaurds/Bull bars

I am trying to find a bull bar that can accept a winch and off road lights. Ive looked on JC whitney, google, talked to my mechanic, even asked a guy at a car audio shop. No one can seem to find one that can accept both its either one or none. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also i am looking for a bar to mount lights on the roof. Ive found universal sliding ones but they usually have a lot of plastic on them.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Beginning Member
agb1976 is on a distinguished road

If you can't find one, it might be better to get the one with the winch mount and then add on tabs for lights at a later date.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:01 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I remembered from the past that someone had posted up something about heavy duty bumpers so I went searching and found this :: Tactical Armor Group :: Store. As it turns out it was wlorton who posted it. Good luck.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:51 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

You could try what I did.

Check out my "How To" in my sig.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:09 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

You could do one of these

Old 06-17-2011, 04:18 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Thogert
You could do one of these
Do you know which one you got (model #)?

Old 06-17-2011, 04:41 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Low Profile Light Bar
# 210504
I think they are all the same. I had to cut to fit. I'll take more detailed pics if needed.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Thogert
Low Profile Light Bar
# 210504
I think they are all the same. I had to cut to fit. I'll take more detailed pics if needed.
If you could please, especially where it mounts at the door opening. Thank you. Also, did you have to get the gutterless attachment parts.

Last edited by DKSDAD; 06-17-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Beginning Member
Volff is on a distinguished road

Tactial Armor bumper seem too aggresive, misewell get some heavy duty steel and make your own grill/bumper

Old 06-18-2011, 08:19 AM
BF Veteran

I would suggest that you get the gutterless mounts unless you would like to do it like this.

When I got the bar I didn't know about the gutterless mounts so my dad said "We will just cut slots into the roof." I had some silicon here but as you can see by the orange around the edges it was far from perfect.
The gutterless mounts look like they would fit well, the only thing you would have to do is separate the rubber weather-stripping for the arms to get to the ridge underneath.

It's hard to tell, but there is a ridge here under the flakey orange silicon.

Quick Reply: Grille Gaurds/Bull bars