General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Halo Headlight Question (Switching Halo bulb)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road
Default Halo Headlight Question (Switching Halo bulb)

First, I'd like to thank this forum. I've been reading for about a week now, and searching for all questions I have had, and answered all of them.

I've installed both my taillights and headlights from reading this forum. And yes, I inserted the headlights into the tabs. LOL

I have 2 questions.

1) I know they make a hyperwhite or hyper blue Halo Ring (not the HID lights, etc, but the actual ring.) Where can I find it? (specific links helpful)
2) Take a look at my picture, and you'll see that my right headlight doesn't look like its installed correctly (although BOTH tabs are aligned and in correctly, same as the left.) Any ideas?

Here are some pics of my car at the moment. I've posted them as links...
http://img8.imageshack.us/i/55001144...427134227.jpg/
http://img196.imageshack.us/i/550011...428134227.jpg/

Thanks again. My next mission is to get some 20" rims on it, and I've read that the bolt pattern is a 5 x 4.5 and I need at least 6 inches of backspacing... Can someone confirm/correct this?

Old 08-07-2009, 08:18 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Nice looking truck, I like that front end. I'm not sure about the headlight as I haven't taken mine out yet, but the bolt pattern is 5 x 4.75 with a 6 inch backspacing being stock for a 4x4.

Last edited by sporty_drew; 08-07-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:27 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

6" backspacing is stock for 4wd and 4.5"BS is stock for the 2wd's. have you aligned your headlights yet? if not they might straighten out after you align them, but ive also seen plenty of guys with the same style halo's that look a bit crooked even after aligning them.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:51 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I bought the same tail lights as you a few weeks ago, but wasn't able to mount them. They came with 2 red bulbs, but my Blazer takes 2 on each side for stopping and signaling. Did you just go out and buy 2 more red bulbs, or did yours actually come with 4 bulbs.

I like your headlights/signals too. I am looking at buying the same ones too, but it won't be for another year if I do.

Edit: Sorry my post has absolutely no relevance to your delema!

Old 08-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by RangerG
I bought the same tail lights as you a few weeks ago, but wasn't able to mount them. They came with 2 red bulbs, but my Blazer takes 2 on each side for stopping and signaling. Did you just go out and buy 2 more red bulbs, or did yours actually come with 4 bulbs.

I like your headlights/signals too. I am looking at buying the same ones too, but it won't be for another year if I do.

Edit: Sorry my post has absolutely no relevance to your delema!
LOL No problem. What I did, actually, was get pissed at the fact that my taillights did come with only 2 red bulbs as well, and my taillight uses 4 (same as you).

I went and bought these red gel light covers for 3051 bulbs, and threw them on. Perfect... Better then the 2 red bulbs that came with the taillights. I kept my original bulbs and just threw the gel caps over it. That worked better.

@sporty_drew - thanks for letting me know its 5 x 4.75. I will remember that from now on.

@mikeinwi - haven't had the time to officially align them yet, but will do so. Something tells me it won't fix it either way. LOL. I do like the headlights though, and I'm looking on replacing that halo ring, though, for something brighter.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:19 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Might look into these and see if there is a size that would work for you. I've never messed with them, but I have bought a lot of their other stuff.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:08 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i have been looking for some different halos for a while. I wanna put red ones in mine. I found some on ebay but cant find the size i need.

Also i have the same problem with my driver side headlight. Ive tried aligning them a few times but cant fix it.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Beginning Member

After having the gel covers on for close to a month, I've noticed they have been melting in from the heat.

I'm going to have to retract my statement of using the gel covers in the long run. lol

Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
Nice looking truck, I like that front end. I'm not sure about the headlight as I haven't taken mine out yet, but the bolt pattern is 5 x 4.75 with a 6 inch backspacing being stock for a 4x4.
That would end up being 5x120.65mm?

Someone let me know if this is true. I'm trying to figure out the correct bolt pattern for this truck already so I don't lose a wheel somewhere down the line. LOL I've read another thread here, but it only confused me more.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:17 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by odfareal
LOL No problem. What I did, actually, was get pissed at the fact that my taillights did come with only 2 red bulbs as well, and my taillight uses 4 (same as you).

I went and bought these red gel light covers for 3051 bulbs, and threw them on. Perfect... Better then the 2 red bulbs that came with the taillights. I kept my original bulbs and just threw the gel caps over it. That worked better.

@sporty_drew - thanks for letting me know its 5 x 4.75. I will remember that from now on.

@mikeinwi - haven't had the time to officially align them yet, but will do so. Something tells me it won't fix it either way. LOL. I do like the headlights though, and I'm looking on replacing that halo ring, though, for something brighter.
Nice truck. I've got those same taillights only smoked. Not sure why you say they need 4 bulbs unless you're counting 2 each side. Down here in New Zealand we have 4 bulbs each side. My taillights (imported) have only 3 each side. The 4th one (rear fogs) have been disabled & tucked away for now I'm contemplating fitting my painted bowtie tails back again.

As for the halo rings, I have the same issue - not bright enough. I also looked on e-bay but could not find the same size.

Quick Reply: Halo Headlight Question (Switching Halo bulb)