General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Haven't been around for a while... figured I'd update you guys!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 11:40 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Arrow Haven't been around for a while... figured I'd update you guys!

Whats up guys? Long time since I have been here, but I still have my Blazer and I'm still modifying it.
Since the last time I was here, I got some new tires, quad HIDs, Dropped the halo projectors in favor of a more traditional aftermarket pair of headlights.

I had a wreck about a month ago. Just a rear-end collision. Bent my frame and trailer hitch and put a nice dent on my rear bumper. No big damage, easily repairable. I took it to the body shop and got it fixed. Figured while it was at the body shop I would buy me a hood and go ahead and have it painted and put on while they had it. So thats what I did.

Here's some pics of what my Blazer looks like now:

Old 05-10-2010, 12:46 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Nice Brent! Looks real good. Like the graphics. Fits very neatly & not overdone.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:28 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't seen that style hood before. Where's it from?

Old 05-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I like the style of the hood and the decals aren't over done which is good. But man, the fitment on that thing is HORRIBLE. It doesn't look like all of the contours are correct on it.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I like the style of the hood and the decals aren't over done which is good. But man, the fitment on that thing is HORRIBLE. It doesn't look like all of the contours are correct on it.
tightening the 2 rubber ***** at the ends of the core support would probably help.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully it is that simple. That is a fiberglass hood isn't it? If it is, that would explain things. Most fiberglass parts take A LOT of work to make them fit like factory pieces.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:50 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

my hood is steel and it fits the same way

truck looks good though man

Old 05-10-2010, 06:02 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Glad to have you back! Always did like your blazer.

I really like the 4.3L Vortec lettered on the side. Very nice touch!

Old 05-14-2010, 09:21 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I did adjust the hinges a little more, it sits it down a little better, but it still isn't perfect. It is fiberglass.

Anyway, I picked up a cheap 7" LCD flip-out this week as well, and put it in to see how I would like it. So far its pretty cool and the sound quality isn't bad at all, but I'll probably get a little better deck later on.

Here's some pics of it.