General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

help me name/ find these parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help me name/ find these parts

So, im in process of stripping all chrome trim and bump strips off my 97. I still think I need some kind of door ding protection and decided that the trim shown on the doors of this 2001 trailblazer are what I want (being low pro & body color).

Ive checked all the local junkyards & ebay with no luck. could someone tell me what the actual part name is of those door strips ?

also, does anyone know which models & years would have had trim like that?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:50 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/full.aspx?Page=55

Bottom of that page will be the closest thing that LMC has. Looks like you'll have to cut the rear door section down to fit your Blazer.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:08 AM

Yeah, thats not going to work out.

Looks like i'll be waiting for eternity to find some in the wild, since lmc doesn't even list it.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:39 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Too expensive?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:55 PM

yeah, im looking to pay about half of that for a pre cut, used set. I already have paint & everything needed.

Thing is, Ive already got an insane amount of money into this blazer. At this point, any way to save money on this project without sacrificing quality is the way im going to have to go.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:05 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

With those strips down the side of your truck you'll probably find dings above & below!
And also, if you're painting these strips they'll only get chipped & scratched as well. I think it's a no win situation. Keep them off, looks neater & watch where you park. LOL

Old 07-26-2009, 11:53 AM

im beginning to feel that way also, maybe ill just slap some old school mid 80's blazer emblems on the doors.

like these

Attached Thumbnails help me name/ find these parts-1760_1.jpg