General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Hi i am new just put alot into my truck and still lost

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 03:24 PM
Jamesm87 is on a distinguished road
Default Hi i am new just put alot into my truck and still lost

Hi some background on my 2004 blazer ls

I bought it about 4 years ago with the transfercase motor gone on it drove it about a year and a universal blew my transfercase (so i was told) so about 2.5 years ago i had the transfercase rebuilt universals were replaced (well as i was told) then the 4x4 all worked great had really bad gas mileage and changed one 02sensor did 4 balljoints and a tie rod.

So about a year ago i was on a camping trip with my wife and on the highway the transmision stopped moving and left me stranded short side of that story i found the transmission adapter was split in half from a broken universal so spent the last year replacing that found out the transmission 3 gear was blown so toke the transfer case out and transmission replaced with one that was a rebuild and had about 80 thou kms on it put it together put plugs were they should be got the truck safetied and plated found out that when i push the 4x4 buttons it just flashes

Im not sure what to do i have looked over the vacuum lines and wires to the transmission and transfercase but still cant figure out why it will not shift into 4x4 any help or sugestions would be much Appreciated

Old 11-27-2016, 09:13 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

First when you push the 4x4 button do you hear anything under neath? If you do does the front driveshaft turn? If it doesnt that is good. Most likely after that it is a vacuum problem somewhere. Switch, lines or actuator

Old 11-27-2016, 09:26 AM

There was no sounds just the flashing light ill check the shaft and vacuum line today thanks

Old 11-28-2016, 12:05 AM
Starting Member
dragoon1101 is on a distinguished road

i would check ALL your fuses and also check your tcase shift motor i had this problem on a friends s10 and it was a fuse pull every one and check them just to be sure

Old 11-28-2016, 10:17 AM

Sweet thanks

Old 11-29-2016, 07:07 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Do you get any sound from the dash area of the TCCM clicking?

If that is not doing anything and the lights are just flashing I would guess your encoder motor needs to be replaced or your vacuum switch.

What happens when you take the TCCM fuse out for a couple minutes, put it back and and try to put it in 4 low?

Old 11-30-2016, 12:28 PM

Ok sorry this weeks been crazy i pulled all fuses checked them they are all good and now when i press the 4lo or 4hi it makes a sound like its locking in but keeps flashing until i push the 2hi button

Old 11-30-2016, 12:59 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Check the actuator for rips. Under battery. Will have to remove bat

Old 11-30-2016, 01:23 PM

I will tonight from all the messages im guessing its the acculator or a air line thats the problem

Old 05-25-2017, 03:58 PM
Default still lost

I have looked over things that people have sugguested and im lost so i have learned with my research that i have a np8 transfercase and it is different then the 3 button transfer case.

I can not find a vacuum leak anywhere
i pulled the battery to see if the actulator moves and nothing at all

all plugs are plugged in and the 4x4 and auto 4x4 lights just flash

Quick Reply: Hi i am new just put alot into my truck and still lost