General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Hi from the UK, Buying advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 10:17 AM
aever34 is on a distinguished road

Hi
I had a immobiliser problem with my 2000 Blazer LT that i got in September last year.
It used to stop at random time got stuck at the garage several times after filling up and also after shopping at first i thought it was the battery but after changing this it was still a problem.
Then i found someone near me that has a Blazer i put a note on there screen asking if they had the some problem as it was they had and they worked for a garage near by that had been able to remove the immobiliser that was fitted when the car came in to the uk.
And her boss was happy to remove mine for me it took 4 hours to do but it was the best thing ive had done as iv'e had no problems since .
There is still a alarm and immobiliser its just there is only one immobiliser and that is on the fuel line so will not start if you don't have the right key and fob.
If anyone is in kent with this problem im sure they will help you out as well they are Hazel Motors in Chatham (Medway) 01634 406664.
Its nice to see other owners in the uk as its so hard to get info on the RHD Blazer.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Beginning Member
Fieldy is on a distinguished road

Mines also in Kent, wil remember that, thank you!

Edit - Moving next week... But Still

Last edited by Fieldy; 02-12-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:55 AM
Lippyp is on a distinguished road

BTW Dave got the manual thanks. Does anyone happen to know what bulbs the UK blazers use, I know the US ones are HB3 (9005) and HB4 (9006) which are an odd size not used much in the UK, I have been told that Lexus IS200's use the same size. Reason I ask is I want to stick some better bulbs like Philips Vision plus or Osram Nightbreakers in and the only choice in those sizes is one Philips 30% brighter bulb which is not great compared to stuff like the nightbreakers that claim to be 90% brighter. I was wondering of the UK spec headlights used more common euro bulb sizes like H3's or H7's etc.

I was supposed to be servicing my blazer today but its chuffing it down with rain, I don't have a garage and I also had a very late night and rather too much beer last night so I think I'll wait until next weekend as I'll undoubtedly ***** something up if I try and do it today in the rain.

I might stick up a thread in general Chat so we can all identify ourselves and our motors and get to know each other so we can get a bit more help flowing over here.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Beginning Member
heartattack is on a distinguished road

great looking blazer, love the colour coded bumper.
i've got a 99 lt exactly the same as daves,the problem i have is the alarm going off all the time, so now i have to manually lock the doors from the inside and the drivers door with the key, other than that i love the old girl