General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

HID ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 05:32 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of
Default HID ?

wat would be a better housing for the HIDs the regular stock housing or the ebay projectors?? the reason i ask is that the ebay projectors usea 9005 bulb for the high and low beam and the stockers use a 9006 for the low beam, or is just a matter of preferance??

Old 01-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: HID ?

I don't have them but I think it's just a matter of taste and budget. If you have the money get the projectors, if not just get the HID'S, they should work either way. I have the Sylverstar Ultras, but eventually I want to get HID's.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:52 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

yea ive got the ultra's too i just need somethin brighter lol and plus ill be the first blazer/s-10 with HIDs in town, but does anyone else have any input on this?? is it just a matter of taste as far as the housings go or is one a better option than the other??

Old 01-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I read somewhere that the projectors don't work that "great", that the stock housings work better with HID's. That's what I'm gonna do, HID's with the stock housing.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

I Have a set of Projectors.
I Lovem.
and when I Ship my blazer back to the states the government wont sieze/impound my vehicle for having illegal headlamps.

BEFORE installing HIDs
I recomend you check your local and state regulations.
in some states, they have a candlepower/lumens limit... or some such.