General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How I can programm the 3 buttons on the roof inside of my blazer for the garage door

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Beginning Member
poertsch is on a distinguished road
Default How I can programm the 3 buttons on the roof inside of my blazer for the garage door

Hallo everybody. I need your Help. I drive an Chevy S10 Blazer and I was seen that I have on my Roof 3 buttons where i can open and close the garage door. So now i remember that you have to learn them that you can use them for my new garage door. But how it would work. Because now i have a simple Hand Remote where i have to klick to open my garage. I think there must be a learning option that i can use for future the buttons on the Roof inside of my car. Is there any manual where i can read this or can I get some help here that i can use my Garage Door in future without my hand remote. Or is it not possible because I Life in Germany and maybe the frequency are not compatible to the Car Garage door buttons inside of my Car. Thanks for all helpful informations. Thanks Markus

Old 08-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The instructions are listed in the owners manual. If you no longer have your owners manual, you can go to the GM Owner Center, sign up/in, & download a pdf copy of the manual.

I would first reset the system by holding down the two outer buttons until the light blinks rapidly. Then hold down the button on your garage door remote while you hold the desired overhead button until the light blinks rapidly. It should be programmed at that point unless you have a rolling code garage door system which may not work depending on the model. The manual will detail this all fairly clearly.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for you fast answer. I was sign in already in a section over Yahoo to download my manual. But there they would that i have to pay 25 $ for the manual. There is no option to get an free download. Or you mean a different page. For any help i will say thanks
And now this is not an rolling code door system. Because this is for 16 apartment simple door system. Only one button klick open the door and the same button again closed the door. Very simple.

Last edited by poertsch; 08-01-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

From your other posts, I see that you have a '97. Looks like they only keep back a certain # of years and have removed the 97 manual. I'm not sure if I have this somewhere or not and I can't check until I go home this evening.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:19 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I'll take a picture of the manual for you. If it helps, it's a pretty standard 'Homelink' model. I helped my sister program her Honda and the steps in her car manual were identical to my Blazer.

It's from a 1998 model manual so perhaps there are differences.

Last edited by mdehoogh; 08-01-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: got pics
Old 08-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Here is a link to the 1997 Blazer Owners Manual.

Attached are the pages that apply to this problem.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1997_blazer-extract.pdf (211.3 KB, 421 views)
Old 08-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks sooooooo much this is a great Forum and it is cool to be here. Thanks to everybody so if i will be up at your place i will invite you now to a cool big German beer.

I love to be here an member.

Greetings Poertsch

Buy the way i drive ( sorry that i forgot to tell ) a 1997 Blazer S10 with those sleeping eye Headlight incl the turnlights. So is there any option that i can replace the Headlights as an Upgrade kit to some Xenon ligths. I know that I can get an Upgrade Kit do a 2000 Modell but then i have to change my grill. And if you seen my car this is an handmade grill and i don't want to destroy it. Have you any Idea. Stylinconcepts or JC Whitney don't offer some like this. Because till to now the lights are to dark and German TÜV don't allowed to higher up the lights with more watts. Thanks

Last edited by poertsch; 08-01-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:31 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by poertsch
the lights are to dark and German TÜV don't allowed to higher up the lights with more watts. Thanks
One common way is to get a set of HID lights. Instead of a standard filament that heats up like a regular bulb, it's an electrical arc that produces the light. Most common kits are 35W but you can get them in 55W (and higher). They're brighter and also available in slightly different colors.

You might want to double check the laws though. Here in the USA, it's technically illegal to install them in a car that didn't come with them from the factory. It's very rarely enforced though and I've never heard of any people get a citation or not passing inspection because of it.

Welcome to the forum by the way, we've got several members from Germany now

Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

pics

Old 08-02-2011, 06:09 AM
Beginning Member
BlakeM is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by poertsch
Hallo everybody. I need your Help. I drive an Chevy S10 Blazer and I was seen that I have on my Roof 3 buttons where i can open and close the garage door. So now i remember that you have to learn them that you can use them for my new garage door. But how it would work. Because now i have a simple Hand Remote where i have to klick to open my garage. I think there must be a learning option that i can use for future the buttons on the Roof inside of my car. Is there any manual where i can read this or can I get some help here that i can use my Garage Door in future without my hand remote. Or is it not possible because I Life in Germany and maybe the frequency are not compatible to the Car Garage door buttons inside of my Car. Thanks for all helpful informations. Thanks Markus
HomeLink Programming Instructions for Rolling Code Garage Door Opener

NOTE: Some vehicles may require the ignition to be turned on or to the second (or"accessory") position for programming and/or operation of HomeLink. It is also recommended that a new battery be replaced in the hand held transmitter of the device being programmed to HomeLink for quicker training and accurate transmission of the radio frequency. Please use a ladder and do not stand on your vehicle during the programming steps for a rolling code opener.

Rolling Code Programming:

1. Press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons until the indicator light begins to flash (after 20 seconds). Do not hold for longer than 30 seconds. Do not repeat this step to program additional HomeLink buttons.

2. Place the hand-held remote 1-3 inches from the HomeLink button you want to program.

3. Simultaneously, press and hold both the HomeLink and hand-held remote buttons. Do not release either button until step 4 has been completed. (If you reside in Canada, refer to the "NOTE" below.)

4. When the indicator light changes from a slow blink to a rapid flash, release both buttons.

5. At the garage door opener receiver (motorhead unit) in the garage, locate the"learn" or "smart" button (usually near where the hanging antenna wire is attached).

6. Press and release this "learn" or "smart" button once, like a door bell (1 second)(Do not hold this button down. Holding this button down for too long will erase all Remotes, Keypad and other HomeLink equipped vehicles). There are 30 seconds in which to initiate step 7

7. Firmly press, hold for two seconds, and release the programmed HomeLink button. Do this procedure again and, depending on the make of your garage door opener, do this procedure a third time to complete the procedure.

The garage should now activate when the programmed HomeLink button is
firmly pressed and released. If not, give us a call or refer to the
"Troubleshooting Tips" noted below.

NOTE: If you reside in Canada, replace step three with the following:

Press and hold the desired HomeLink button and "cycle" the hand-held remote. To cycle: Press and release the hand-held remote button every two seconds until the indicator light changes from a slow blink to a rapid flash(step four).

Troubleshooting Tips:

** Check the frequency of the garage door opener's hand-held remote (usually found on the back). HomeLink is compatible with radio-frequency devices operating between 288-399 Mhz.

** Put a brand new, store bought battery in the hand held remote. During the programming process (step three above) the battery's energy tends to drain (more so with an older battery). A new battery will increase the speed and accuracy in which the hand-held remote sends its signal to HomeLink.

** Retrain HomeLink holding the hand-held remote at different lengths and angles from the HomeLink button you are trying to program (during programming step three). Try 4-6 inches away at a different angle.

** Confirm that the HomeLink button you are trying to program is in the
"programming mode". Press and hold the desired button. The indicator
light will be a slow blink when HomeLink is in the "programming" mode and can be programmed at any time.

Verifying HomeLink has picked up a rolling code signal:

** Press and hold the programmed HomeLink button. If the indicator light blinks rapidly for two seconds and turns solid, HomeLink has successfully picked up the rolling code signal. If necessary, proceed with steps 5-7 noted above to complete the rolling code programming.

Quick Reply: How I can programm the 3 buttons on the roof inside of my blazer for the garage door