General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Kingston tire shop stripped my stud!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Beginning Member
1982blazed is on a distinguished road
Default Kingston tire shop stripped my stud!

I came out to start up my truck the other morning and it had a flat. I was doing a little mudding the day before so it didnt surprise me much. So I took it to township tire in Kingston Ontario, and they said it was a sidewall puncture and that its not fixable. Alright I said, just put the tire on and ill get a new one when I can and just use my spare. So I take it home, this is at about 4:50 or so, and put my spare on. Well taking the last lug off, it was so stiff all the way off. It finally came off and theres metal shards everywhere, the end of the stud was rounded right off, so I couldnt put a lug on it even if the lug was still good. I looked into the lug nut and it was pretty much all smooth! I put the tire on, leaving the one lug off and went into call him. I explained trying to be as nice as I can about the whole thing and I get, " Well it must have been you when you took it off". I just lost it. Said a few words I thought were appropriate for the situation. .. But like give me a break man. I told him it was done with an air tool and asked him if thats what they use and he said "no..well...yea thats what we use but we use torque regulators". I said "well theres no F***in way, that I did that with my hands." plus I got a broken hand at the moment so I cant use it fully yet. I got "well your gonna have to take it somewhere, I dont know what to tell ya"... "Alright" I said " Im F***in bringin it back to you.. Tomorrow and you can deal with it because you F***ed it up and your gonna fix it." haha " alright, bring it in tomorrow and ill take a look at it" he says.. so Today I brought it back, and all 3 of the young punks working there were just glaring at me a S** eating grin like they knew they did it. I went in and talked to the guy and he said not a problem, he will get it replaced. So as I went to leave, this kid gets into a customers car beside me(I say kid but he was about my age, 19, Just an inmature, dis-respectful *****), Revs the car to high hell and just looks at me like TAKE THAT. So i started up the ol 350, gave a few bites at the throttle and spun around in reverse, on my way to the other shop, And he pulls right in front of me and just stares at me!, like he was taunting me like where you gonna go now? I Just slammed it in drive, kicked the throttle and just barley missed the car... I knew I wouldnt hit but it was close. I felt like getting out and starting a garage brawl but I only got one hand haha. But its in the shop right now getting fixed. Sorry for the novel, but I just had to tell people about the ****ty service/people at Township Tire in Kingston Ontario 4000 Bath Road... Deffinantly DO NOT reccomend!!! Oh and there supposed to put the new tire on monday but I think Ill just take it and get it put on somewhere else haha. Main thing is *Dont mess with a mans truck*

Last edited by 1982blazed; 05-01-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok... Bad situation handled poorly by both parties. A stripped lug nut is really not a cause to flip out on someone right off the git-go...

Old 05-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Beginning Member
Lifted02Blazer is on a distinguished road

I kno how he feels, its like someone messes up your car but puts the blame on you or says it was someone else. Same thing happened whn i went to a dealership to looka at a car for my wife and a guy workign there backed a suv into my car brand new with only 500 miles on it at the time and dented in the fender and he had the ***** to say how do i know it wasnt there already i was like **** this but it got fixed for free and we got a discount on her car

Old 05-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Beginning Member
1982blazed is on a distinguished road

Yea, It wasent so much that he just stripped the stud/ lug nut. It was the fact that he just comes right out and says " Oh well it must have been you". I take alot of pride in my truck. Its my first truck, I have a fair amount into it so far and want to put alot more into it. All I asked them to do was look at the tire. it had a leak. Theres a hole in the sidewall, alright then just put it back on. Thats it. I didnt pay for anything... Then I have to turn around and spend $60 on getting a new stud and lug nut? Just because of in-experienced employees? I dont think thats how it works. I also had to replace 3 other lugs at my own expense, but that was only $30 and they look better. I was also thinking, If I were that shop owner, I would have told the customer to bring it back in the morning and we will deffinantly take a look at it. Not try and jump out the back door and tell him that pretty much hes outt'a luck and dont know what to tell him. Just a case of a stuck up, money hungry A**hole that only cares about whatever will get him ahead and dont care about the other guy.... thats what I think.